Author Topic: What Would You Like to See in a New Ship?  (Read 17013 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: What Would You Like to See in a New Ship?
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2010, 00:11:07 »
Or use inflatable rafts from the modern series :lol:! :)9
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2010, 04:12:33 »
Thanx Blackpearl! That was sooooo cool! I don't have the parts but I think what you and macgyver did is awesome! I'll try to think something like that with what I have!
Thanx!
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2010, 14:16:54 »
Thanx Blackpearl! That was sooooo cool! I don't have the parts but I think what you and macgyver did is awesome! I'll try to think something like that with what I have!
Thanx!

Me too! :D
Sounds awesome, and looks awesome. ;D
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2010, 01:27:44 »
A larger ship wouldn't be much more expensive than e.g. a dollhouse. Of course, you would have to spend probably twice to three times as much as for the current ship - but you would also get ten times more fun.

I like the idea of an expandable ship with a second deck or a middle part as an add-on.

I would definitely sacrifice flotation - I normally don't expose my ships to water...

hauden_lukas

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2010, 16:15:35 »
Yes, we have huge castles, huge schools and hospitals, huge dollhouses. Why not huge pirate ships? Especially if they were extendable. I think we can feel free to dream!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2010, 01:25:29 »
The compartmenting would indeed be a very good idea if Playmobil would decide to design a new large ship and offer collectors the possibility to make a bigger / huge one.

I'd already be satisfied if Geobra would make a kind of production version of the "Unicorn"; it needs some worthy opponents without all the necessary labour/skill/time of making these ourselves.
Such an extended version of the 3286/3940 - which gives room for a 3rd mast and a few more canons - seems the most "realistic dream" to me.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2010, 02:46:32 »
The compartmenting would indeed be a very good idea if Playmobil would decide to design a new large ship and offer collectors the possibility to make a bigger / huge one.

I'd already be satisfied if Geobra would make a kind of production version of the "Unicorn"; it needs some worthy opponents without all the necessary labour/skill/time of making these ourselves.
Such an extended version of the 3286/3940 - which gives room for a 3rd mast and a few more canons - seems the most "realistic dream" to me.

I do believe this simplified "new ship" idea would totally be doable for Playmobil.  Don't know why they haven't already.  Probably cost close to US$200, much like the big castle.  I still can't believe the abominable 4290 costs US$100.  Even the superior 3286/3940 originally cost far less at US$80 or so.
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!