Author Topic: Waterloo Prussians  (Read 7504 times)

Offline David

• Playmo Fanatic
Waterloo Prussians
« on: November 29, 2005, 17:39:25 »

( I was going to show you all my foolproof way of removing hands from klickies without damaging the arms, but I´ve just wrecked three arms, :(  so it`s back to the drawingboard..)

Meanwhile, maybe you´d like to see  these. They`re not very detailed, more a wargamer`s figure, but I like ´em.

I´ve found a Playmo part that makes a reasonable rucksack, as you can see in the second photo.

Guarrenzino

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
Re: Waterloo Prussians
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 19:31:40 »
Hello  David  :wave:

Thank you for sharing your custom's with us, they are excellent !! I really do like the rucksack it looks great, what part did you use to make it ? :) I am sorry your hand removal technique did not go to plan, hopefully you will have more sucsess with your next attempts.

Regards  Tim  :)9

(28/5/03/850)

Offline David

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 19:58:17 »
Hi Tim,

Thanks for your reply :D I found the rucksacks in this set:

click me

The hand removal. I wonder how they get the hands in the arms in the first place. ^-^

Guarrenzino

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 20:08:37 »
You did it again  :) Nice customs!

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 21:07:47 »
Hello  David  :wave:

Thank you for the information on where you got the rucksack. I am not sure if this explains part of your question about getting the hands into the arm in the first place but here is my theory on why they don't come out.
I think getting the hands into arms is all down to the shape of the peg that fits into the arm itself. When they insert the hand into the arm the plastic must stretch just enough (due to the shape of the peg) to let the end of the hand go into the arm. Once its gone in far enough the plastic snaps back down again trapping the hand in the arm. If i remember right there is a small ridge in the hand which the end of the arm grip's onto. Trying to pull it out is impossible because i think its only designed to go in.
However i have a theory that i will put to the test tomorrow which might solve the problem.

Regards  Tim  :)

(28/5/03/850)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 21:17:19 »
They look great, David.  The banner is great, too.  Well done again!

You don't have the part number for that rucksack do you, please?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline David

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 07:27:02 »
I think getting the hands into arms is all down to the shape of the peg that fits into the arm itself. When they insert the hand into the arm the plastic must stretch just enough (due to the shape of the peg) to let the end of the hand go into the arm. Once its gone in far enough the plastic snaps back down again trapping the hand in the arm. If i remember right there is a small ridge in the hand which the end of the arm grip's onto. Trying to pull it out is impossible because i think its only designed to go in.
However i have a theory that i will put to the test tomorrow which might solve the problem.

Regards  Tim  :)

Hi Tim,
             The klickies I used were quite old and the ridges you describe different from the latest ones. These old hands I couldn´t even fit into other arms.  I really don´t know how Playmobil do it.  Please share your theory.

Gordon, the part numbers for the rucksack are 30 07 0320 and 30 09 3850

Guarrenzino

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 08:18:55 »
Thanks for the info David.  They'll be on my next DS order!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2005, 20:13:15 »
...  They`re not very detailed, more a wargamer`s figure ...

Sometimes, "simple" is really good! And, these figures certainly give a lot of credence to that premise!

Nicely done, David! ...

BTW ... Boil 'em (just the arms) in distilled water, but use a very clean Teflon coated pot ... ;)

All the best,
Richard

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2005, 20:50:25 »
The DH wont allow teflon in the house