Author Topic: Too many dragons ...????  (Read 4950 times)

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
Re: Too many dragons ...????
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2009, 17:30:10 »
Too many dragons :hmm: yes ...

I still only have the old model, which I quite like! I'll eventually try to get another one. Maybe green. (I have the red one.)

The blue steck house isn't so old as that, but indeed, it seems to have been around for a short while. (I got one, fortunately :) ... It's the only one I have, up till now ... I still intend to get a few others, but it'll have to wait.)

I like Martin's idea of goblins, orcs and trolls, but it's at the same time a little scary ... Maybe they'll put the klicky away!!! 8}

And I don't think all this has to do with the recent passing of Hans Beck. It's too recent, don't you think? Besides, some symptoms of this way of making the business were already there for a while.

I agree with Rasputin, and I believe he knows what he's talking about, when he says that the new videogame generation may have been the main source of the market researches for Playmobil, it looks like so ... and geobra B. always seems to have thought on kids. And to make the minds of the kids (i.e. give them what some -- like me -- think they need) is probably more difficult than to give what they want.

"Educational toys" don't make the industry much of a living, they must think ... So, give 'em entertaining toys, based on games and a little in the movies (Pirates of the Caribbean, Eragon(s) &c. ...)

I can't say I miss the eighties ... I was too young in the eighties to tell. And now, I can buy through the internet. I only hope I'll still wish to buy :'( ...

Hm ... (Gloomy subject :P )

Merry Christmas!
 :xmascheer:

Gustavo
:blackhair:
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2009, 18:11:48 »
I think this new dragon knights theme is a short lived replacement and will soon fade only to be replaced with a all new historically accurate knights theme full of peasants houses, women & children. Thats just my opinion and dream

I hope you're right!  :)  I just can't imagine Playmobil without the traditional Knights and Pirate themes.

I don't collect the modern themes and haven't followed them closely over the years, but I do think Playmobil currently has some nice offerings within them.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2009, 23:45:10 »
One thing to remember is that Playmobil is a German company. That means that trends in Germany will have more effect on the designers than trends in other parts of the world. Cowboy used to be huge in Germany, later than it was in the US. I believe there are still cowboy reenactment clubs active?