Author Topic: Announcing Lord Baron Edwin M. MEEKS, Baron of Mixan.  (Read 1771 times)

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
Announcing Lord Baron Edwin M. MEEKS, Baron of Mixan.
« on: September 02, 2010, 00:10:59 »
Once upon a time,  Baron MEEKS was merely Corporal MEEKS. In battle, he lost his right arm.
Rather than bemoan his fate, the newly discharged corporal went to the off-world Wizards Academy to become a wizard- And it turned out he had a talent for it (far better than his talents as a soldier).
Upon returning home, Mr MEEKS discovered his own Baron had been destroyed, and therefore offered his services to the winning party, Baron RAINES.
Under Baron RAINES, Mr MEEKS rose up through the ranks of the government, eventually finagling himself into the court. There, he wheeled and dealed his way into securing a coup- For Duke HAINCH. When the Duke launched his coup, however, Mr MEEKS then launched a counter-coup, deposing duke HAINCH by sending a lightning bolt straight through his heart. Now, posing as the defender of the people and the memory of the late Baron RAINES. Mr MEEKS then assumed the throne ‘temporarily’ to help stabilize the planet- and hasn’t stepped down since.
It doesn’t hurt the baron one iota that every minor Duchy and Barony owes him their support- After all, he ended the politicking in the court, where minor Duchies and Baronies were constantly pitted against each other by the larger Duchies and Baronies.
The larger Duchies and Baronies also appreciate Baron MEEKS rulership- He’s stabilized the economy, brought peace between the factions, and ended the appeasements systems (where prior Barons had given boons and grants to lessers who particularly pleased them). He treats them all the same, regardless what they think of him.
One of the first reforms baron MEEKS imposed was the throne itself- He took the electronics out of the old throne and re-installed them in his green family armchair.

Technical Data: Baron MEEKS started out as a Grandfather from set number 531Ø (unknown part number) and his red vest with gold buttons and pockets (not listed at PLAYMODB, and I lost the instruction sheet years ago). I disassembled him, scarred the Hell out of his face, then took the belt from Mounted Policeman (part number 3Ø ØØ 674Ø) and cut it to fit the vest, and replaced the legs with Red Coat Leader from set number 3795 (unknown part number). I ground one arm till it was flush with the body, then finished him off with a cold full-size crown with red velvet insert (part numbers 3Ø Ø7 751Ø and 3Ø Ø7 752Ø) and gold ribbed cuff (part number 3Ø Ø7 181Ø). Finally, I gave him a gold scepter as a mark of rank.
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: Announcing Lord Baron Edwin M. MEEKS, Baron of Mixan.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 05:34:14 »
Very interesting story Andy! It has a Machiavellian touch!!! One Arm Baron.... he reminds me of a One Arm leader of an army in a fantasy book I have read!....Dujek Onearm!!!!

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 05:41:49 »
Very nice story Andi. The custom looks real good too. Any chance we could see him from different angles?

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 14:57:58 »
I’ll get a series of standing pics from all around (just not for a couple days, the batteries died and I don’t have time right now).
The name and the idea actually came from the series “Magical Kingdom For Sale- SOLD” (that Baron MEEKS was a bit more Machiavellian- actually, he was outright evil, my Baron MEEKS is just tougher than Hell).

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 02:57:17 »
That's quite an imaginative story, Andy! :)
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 03:22:31 »
That's quite an imaginative story, Andy! :)
Thanx.;)

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 23:04:55 »
UPDATE: The description of Mixan was inspired by the circumstances from the Stargate:Åtlantis episode “The Tower.”

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 12:39:33 »
WOW! :clap:
You are really a great story teller.
I like this story of Baron Meeks quite a lot. ;D
Steck is BACK! <:>