Author Topic: A few more medieval customs  (Read 4461 times)

Offline AndrewL

• Playmo Lover
A few more medieval customs
« on: July 13, 2010, 20:38:36 »
Dear All,

Here are a few more medieval customs of mine. I've had these done for a couple of months now, but with moving house and then a lot going on at work, I haven't had a spare moment to take pictures and post them. But things are calming down slightly (for the moment), so I thought I'd take the opportunity.

Anyway, the first are a group of mercenary crossbowmen. Several months ago I had a big DS order of various parts and figures, and wound up with a bunch of green bodies and yellow and blue arms. These guys are the result...

Offline AndrewL

• Playmo Lover
Re: A few more medieval customs
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 20:43:39 »
The next group was inspired largely by the flag the standard-bearer carries. I thought, 'What sort of colour combination would fit with an armorial bearing like that?' Blue bodies and white arms seemed to work well.

And in case anyone's interested, the flag in question is this: 30 63 9452 - Flag, small rectangle, with clips

I'd like to build more of these guys, but I'm not sure whether I will have the time and money in the near future...

Offline AndrewL

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 20:50:50 »
Last ones for the moment...

A group of heavily armed and armoured knights, on their fully caparisoned horses. I was very pleased when set 4217/5864 came out: the knights and the shields they bear work perfectly with the horse trapper from the add-on set 7762.

In the next few days, I'll try to take some more pictures of these guys, along with some others I have ready to go.

Until then, I hope everyone enjoys these. Comment & critique are always welcome!

Cheers,

AndrewL

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
  • Just say the magic word!
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 22:33:43 »
I enjoyed your custums very much! I'm looking forward to the other pictures!
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 05:12:54 »
Once again Andrew you manage to show cohesion of a faction but with great details of individuality for all the knights within that faction!!! Well done!! I like the blue and green combination!! I had it in mind too since I saw the 4643 - Brave Prince

Love the mounted knights!! Can't wait for them to reach the grrek market!!

Keep up the good work!!!

Offline AndrewL

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 06:03:05 »
Hi,

Glad you like the newest batch  :rainbow: !

The green/blue/yellow combination just kind of happened. I've used the different-coloured arms thing a few times now, and it seemed to work. I've got another group coming up where I used the same approach. Stay tuned...

I got the knights from 4217/5864 with the blue & yellow quarters blazon by ordering them from DS. I quite like all the figures from that set, along with a number of the new and unique accessories that came with it. But I wasn't going to buy ten of those sets and wind up with ten plastic swords and ten shield/castle baseplates! No thank you

Cheers,

AndrewL

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 16:01:08 »
Another great set of medieval custom knights! Excellent job! I need to customise some for myself!  ;D

Baden  :wave:
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 20:50:48 »
Excellent customs, Andrew.  I especially like the captain of the crossbowmen with his jaunty hat and feather.

You read my mind about the flag, so thanks for the link.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline AndrewL

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 10:51:38 »
Excellent customs, Andrew.  I especially like the captain of the crossbowmen with his jaunty hat and feather.

You read my mind about the flag, so thanks for the link.

Hi,

Glad I could help RE the flag. I mentioned it particularly for Richard's benefit -- he's asked a couple of times before about flags I've used.

Truth be told, I actually don't think of the guy with the jaunty hat as the captain of the mercenary crossbowmen -- rather the guy in the centre of the photo, with the mace, shield and 'Nuremburger'-style helmet. But maybe they could swap headgear...

Cheers,

AndrewL

Offline AndrewL

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 10:54:08 »
OK, as promised, here are some more photos...

The first are some more detail shots of the mounted knights bearing the blue & yellow quarters arms, beginning with them on horseback...