Author Topic: Some more medieval customs  (Read 2879 times)

Offline AndrewL

• Playmo Lover
Re: Some more medieval customs
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010, 17:02:46 »
... Have you posted any of these on Garden Wargaming?

Do you use the figures in tabletop wargames at all? I plan to try a few wargames based on the old Cry Havoc rules when I have the table space for it.

Hi Martin,

Haven't posted any of these on GW yet, but I shall.

I have done some wargaming with these, using a set of rules I made up myself (most of which are locked up in my head). Not tabletop, though: more like 'spread-as-widely-across-the-floor-as-I-have-space-top'.

I know I promised (relatively recently) to post some battle pictures... Must get on and do that.

Cheers,

AndrewL

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 18:03:04 »
Hi Martin,

Haven't posted any of these on GW yet, but I shall.

I have done some wargaming with these, using a set of rules I made up myself (most of which are locked up in my head). Not tabletop, though: more like 'spread-as-widely-across-the-floor-as-I-have-space-top'.

I know I promised (relatively recently) to post some battle pictures... Must get on and do that.

Cheers,

AndrewL

I would like to praise your creations on Garden Wargaming aswell! Just once cannot do!

I have made a set of rules for melee combat that I posted on Garden Wargaming, if you would like to take a look:
http://gardenwargaming.playclicks.com/forum/index.php?topic=1370.msg11757#new
They are still incomplete, and I have made a few minor changes to them since I last posted them.
But you can take a look and if you use them for wargaming ever you could tell me how they worked... (please!)
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 22:47:12 »
This is another superb group of custom soldiers, Andrew!  Like Martin, I also think the black rampant lion heraldry is among the best Playmobil has created.  You've done a great job of differentiating them and they look like some fearsome pikemen ready to stand up to any charge.  I like your green men too!  And by all means, please post these on Garden Wargaming as well.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy: