Author Topic: My flea market adventure  (Read 14177 times)

Offline matchboxluc

• custom master
  • Playmo Lover
  • seventies lover
Re: My flea market adventure
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2005, 09:13:23 »
That just looks like the best way to spend 3 hours and if I'd gone, the kitchy red hanging lamp in hall 6 would be mine!  :love:
That is the great thing about flea markets (and especially the big dutch ones ;D ): people sell almost everything there, like we say in the Netherlands (translated):they sell the devil and its old mum >:D...
It is St. Nicolaas time over here, so there were on average more toys for sale than usual (lucky for us Playmobil collectors 8-) ;D ).
phantasy is in the mind, realisation is in my hands!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2005, 09:31:38 »
Obviously a good weekend for you.   Thanks for sharing it with us.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2005, 16:56:45 »
You got some nice items there. Good for you  :)

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2005, 19:16:08 »
Hmm! maybe I should book a trip there, this time next year. ;D

That's a great lot, those catalogues would of put me on a high for the rest of the year.
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline David

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2005, 20:34:28 »
Thanks for the photos Jean - Luc . the flea market looks huge!  You had a fine haul.. some of the `kraam´ looked pretty good too ;D

Guarrenzino

Offline matchboxluc

• custom master
  • Playmo Lover
  • seventies lover
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2005, 16:00:29 »
With flea markets of this size I always have a certain budget to spend. I have this ability to scan every table within a good five seconds, which is enough to determine whether there is Playmobil present or not. I use the technique of basic association; very effective, but also exhausting in the end.

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2005, 20:18:11 »
With flea markets of this size I always have a certain budget to spend.

Well that certainly takes the fun out of it! Isn't the goal to go broke saving money?  ???

`kraam´

Easy for you to say (what the heck is kraam? Does it taste good?)
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline matchboxluc

• custom master
  • Playmo Lover
  • seventies lover
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2005, 20:36:11 »
Well that certainly takes the fun out of it! Isn't the goal to go broke saving money?  ???
The sport with this is to make a good decision based on what you have seen that you would like to have. With flea markets this size there is an extra dimension to it; since the location is so vast you may be too late if you saw something at first, but wanted to look further. In other words: you have to trust to luck and act on instinct.
Easy for you to say (what the heck is kraam? Does it taste good?)
I'm not sure what your preferences are; it is the dutch word for stand.... ;D

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2005, 00:00:36 »
The sport with this is to make a good decision based on what you have seen that you would like to have. With flea markets this size there is an extra dimension to it; since the location is so vast you may be too late if you saw something at first, but wanted to look further. In other words: you have to trust to luck and act on instinct.

That's the trick, alright.  Also, a good measure of, "How much would I be willing to spend on this item anywhere else?"  It's all too easy to get caught up in the excitment of it all (as some people have on ebay ... or, so I've heard  :toot: )
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2005, 18:26:34 »
It's all too easy to get caught up in the excitement of it all (as some people have on ebay ... or, so I've heard  :toot: )

I know! Can you imagine someone just spending wildly...on little plastic toys of all things??? Some people have no self control.  :hmm:

Why are you looking at me like that Serenity?  ???  :o  :-[
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS