Author Topic: Review of 70640 Citroen 2CV  (Read 3735 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: Review of 70640 Citroen 2CV
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2023, 12:38:29 »
... the body and interior/underfloor come ready assembled.  I forgot to look before adding wheels etc. whether these could be separated easily if at all.

Vehicles can be tricky to get apart and it's helpful if someone has already done it and can share some tips! But don't do it if it's going to damage the vehicle!

I think the ambulance is based on the VW T Transporter.  Here's a not very well-angled photo of one:

https://photos.classiccars.com/cc-temp/listing/158/3185/31162212-1981-volkswagen-transporter-thumb.jpg

That looks pretty convincing to me! (More nostalgia- our family had a VW 'splitty' (camper with a split windscreen) back in the early 1970s. Not particularly roomy inside, so maybe that PM ambulance is not too far off scale compared with the beetle!)
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2023, 13:21:17 »
Excellent review! Thank you. :)

Those parts were really hard to put in all the cars :(

I hate it (along with the tires) - and I always fear they will break :(

You went with the yellow lights - are those the french version? I think I will go for that one..

Thank you for such a detailed review :)

Thank you, tahra.    Yellow headlights were compulsory in France until 1993 but then they switched to the EU standard white lights.

That's a really nice touch to include a selective yellow option! :D

Ah, nostalgia! My wife and I had our honeymoon in France in a bright green 2CV back in the 1980s! It was a right-hand drive version for British roads, with clear headlamp glass which we had to paint yellow with a kit from Halfords. We landed in Calais and wandered as far south as the Dordogne, my wife doing most of the driving after I scared her by driving on the left, briefly.

Great story! I've done the same with headlamps on some older BMWs, and I've found the selective yellow to be quite nice, especially in certain weather conditions.
~Pynedor~

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2023, 15:46:09 »
Excellent review! Thank you. :)

Thank you, tahra.    Yellow headlights were compulsory in France until 1993 but then they switched to the EU standard white lights.

That's a really nice touch to include a selective yellow option! :D

Great story! I've done the same with headlamps on some older BMWs, and I've found the selective yellow to be quite nice, especially in certain weather conditions.

Yellow is good at night because it cuts dazzle, but on the downside it also cuts light transmission  Yellow is also good in fog; at one time fog lights were always yellow but I think beam technology advances mean this is no longer necessary
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2023, 18:37:43 »
Thanks for the great review Gordon. This one hasn't been made available in the US and isn't in their catalog for the first half of the year. I quite like it though.

Could I get the part numbers from you for the pig and geese? The pig is a new variation I will have to try tracking down.  Thanks

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2023, 20:39:42 »
Thanks for the great review Gordon. This one hasn't been made available in the US and isn't in their catalog for the first half of the year. I quite like it though.

Could I get the part numbers from you for the pig and geese? The pig is a new variation I will have to try tracking down.  Thanks

Thank you, Tim.  I could always get you one if postage and customs (if any) don't make it prohibitive.

Pig is 30 65 6955, geese asre 30 09 3150 (neck bent) and 30 09 3160.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2023, 16:39:38 »
Thanks so much Gordon. I am still doing shipping swaps with Daniela in Germany, but I appreciate the offer.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2023, 03:30:54 »
Definitely on the get list.

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2023, 10:07:11 »
Thanks for the great & detailed review Gordon!  I have a soft spot for these cars, my Grandad has one briefly when I was a kid & I loved it. This is in my wishlist of items to get..

Hope you start to feel better soon!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2023, 15:25:35 »
Thanks for the great & detailed review Gordon!  I have a soft spot for these cars, my Grandad has one briefly when I was a kid & I loved it. This is in my wishlist of items to get..

Hope you start to feel better soon!

Thank you klickyklack.  Feeling better as the weather gets better, but still sleeping for a good bit of the afternoon.

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2023, 20:35:43 »
Thank you klickyklack.  Feeling better as the weather gets better, but still sleeping for a good bit of the afternoon.

Glad you're listening to your body & resting when you need to!