Author Topic: Citroen 2CV  (Read 990 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Citroen 2CV
« on: February 25, 2023, 14:42:44 »
I received an email from Playmobil UK yesterday saying that the Citroen 2CV was now in stock at £44.  Looks interesting and may go with my layout if not too big so a possible buy when it's on offer. 
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Online tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Citroen 2CV
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2023, 17:47:45 »
I want it too :) 

But I find it far too expensive as well... will need to find it cheaper somewhere.. I can wait.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2023, 19:39:07 »
Sorry to disagree - I don't like it. It doesn't have that Playmobil look at all.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2023, 20:30:36 »
Sorry to disagree - I don't like it. It doesn't have that Playmobil look at all.

But it does look like a 2CV.  If I get one, I will respray it grey as many 2CVs were.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2023, 21:32:21 »
A pity these licenced cars are so expensive.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2023, 06:26:48 »

It seems to be the aim of the car line to make them as realistic as possible, presumably to hit as broad of a collector market as they can.  :irish: :indian:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2023, 10:23:30 »

I think this is the case with all the licensed cars, and it's because they're really targeting fans of the cars who maybe also had Playmobil as a kid.

For people concerned about the price, the cars seem to have decent offers if you hold out. I have both the red and blue Porches, and both the VWs and that was only because they were on sale (and I've seen the special edition VWs very heavily discounted too).