Author Topic: 4502 - Night watchmen  (Read 1304 times)

Offline CrimsonCleaver

• Playmo Fanatic
4502 - Night watchmen
« on: February 09, 2023, 16:05:49 »
Obviously been seen many times before but I’ve been after this fella for quite a while.

Managed to get him amongst a job lot selection of pirates for a very reasonable price (on his own he seemed to go for quite a lot).

4502 - the night watchmen

Something about this figure I really like:
  • the full length cloak
  • the belt for his keys
  • his general colouring (I think I’ll swap his hair and beard to same colour but bit more detailed)

Here he is outside the custom house (will try and do some better photos at a later point).

I think he’ll become the guard outside a door at the rear that’s going to have the prison sign outside it from the Medieval Tower set.

Offline CrimsonCleaver

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: 4502 - Night watchmen
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2023, 16:39:15 »
And here he is watching over the prison cell

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2023, 18:23:42 »
That's a great figure, the early Specials are classics.

Online tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2023, 18:58:26 »
That's a great figure, the early Specials are classics.

Yes, those were TRULY specials!

I believe the 4519 Viking is still my favorite original viking!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2023, 08:24:31 »
Great pictures of a classic klicky! A similar figure was reissued in 2014 as set 6400, with slightly more vivid green legs.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline CrimsonCleaver

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2023, 09:22:00 »
Great pictures of a classic klicky! A similar figure was reissued in 2014 as set 6400, with slightly more vivid green legs.

I’d actually just stumbled on 6400 this morning when looking at the part number for the cloak  8}

This one could possibly be 6400 I’m not 100%, legs aren’t what I’d say vivid though.

This might be one I consider getting a second of as really like the shirt etc, could have a second guard to accompany him (the excuses to buy more continues!).

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2023, 03:19:54 »
My favorite is the slightly more “modern” night watchman from 9060. It is a bit more 17th century and therefore more suitable for my Playmobil world.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2023, 10:21:01 »
That set is a spoof right?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline CrimsonCleaver

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2023, 12:08:32 »
That set is a spoof right?

Was going to say never seen that.

The belt with the pistol is of interest though, anyone happen to know the part number. I’ve seen two sword ones in stock with UK DS in brown and black but loop is left side not right and not that design

Edit: these are the parts I found:
30097300 - Belt with sword loop (brown) https://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30097300
30078680 - Belt with sword loop (black) https://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30078680

Online tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2023, 17:32:22 »
My favorite is the slightly more “modern” night watchman from 9060. It is a bit more 17th century and therefore more suitable for my Playmobil world.

Lovely - I had never noticed how that kid's torso is close to the woman's! :o

The belt with the pistol is of interest though, anyone happen to know the part number. I’ve seen two sword ones in stock with UK DS in brown and black but loop is left side not right and not that design

The sculpt is the roman swordbelt...