Author Topic: citroen question  (Read 610 times)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
citroen question
« on: January 01, 2023, 09:10:47 »
I was looking at the German site and saw the sticker sheet for the citroen. I don't recall getting a choice in number plates before so this is good. My question is do the different plates represent different countries or years and what is the difference between the white badges with country abbreviation - ie NL and the one with the flag included? ???

https://www.playmobil.de/citro%C3%ABn-2cv/70640.html

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: citroen question
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2023, 09:36:03 »
I think the index plates do represent different countries though I don't know which but think the yellow ones may be for France.  As regards the country plates, maybe different periods of time or just that you had a choice of black on white or black on your national colours.

None of the plates are for the UK, I notice, even though the 2CV was/is something of a cult vehicle over here.

EDIT: quote from UK Playmobil description:

Four different country number plates are included on the enclosed label sheet.

What I want to see is a Citroen H van

https://citroencarclub.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/hvan2-300x222.jpg

There are some models described as 1:24 or 1:25, but they are really 1:27 and so too small for PM.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 09:49:47 by playmofire »
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline BlockCreationz

• Playing with Playmobil since 1974
  • Playmo Pal
  • Making Playmobil 3Deas
    • BlockCreationz
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2023, 11:24:48 »
Indeed they do represent different countries and index plates. The yellow ones are most likely Dutch (NL).

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2023, 14:14:47 »
Indeed they do represent different countries and index plates. The yellow ones are most likely Dutch (NL).

Yes, yellow is NL.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2023, 02:57:33 »
Thanks for the info guys.
Yeah, that van would be good to have. I have one in 1:87 scale which is a tad smaller.