Author Topic: 2023 Catalogs Online  (Read 3368 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: 2023 Catalogs Online
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2022, 09:26:45 »
The cynic in me would not be surprised to see modern weaponry -even tanks- produced in Playmobil form (actually, modern weapons are already there in the hands of SWAT representations). I've quoted the following example before; a few years ago the Early Learning Centre (a UK high street chain priding themselves on the educational value of the toys they sold) ran a TV advert in which a Barbie Doll and an Action Man tried unsuccessfully to get into the shop to be put on sale alongside other toys. A couple of years later, Barbies were on the shelves of ELC. So much for principles when commercial issues come to play. Mind you, ELC did change hands several times before it disappeared altogether, so the change in marketing policy which allowed Barbies in was probably due to a change in ownership.

Correction: 'has changed hands several times in the last 30 years'
ELC is currently owned by The Entertainer, which has never struck me as a company with strong educational principles where stock choice is concerned.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline NeilMartin

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2023, 00:42:16 »
Hello Everyone,

Happy New Year 2023! :-)

On the subject of Playmobil Biplanes, there was also 3966 Playmobil Antex from Argentina. I purchased this sealed example about 18 months ago.

Best wishes,
Neil

Offline Basie10

• It's ok :)
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2023, 01:58:25 »
Very nice Neil!  That's a nice looking plane 8-)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2023, 16:34:24 »
Thanks for the information, Tiermann!

I really like some of the new Special Plus sets! The devil and angel (Set 71170) is great, and I am very curious to see what the frog prince (Set 71169) looks like without the frog suit. There could be a really nice Medieval outfit there! :D
~Pynedor~