Author Topic: Novelties first half 2023  (Read 11619 times)

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
Re: Novelties first half 2023
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2022, 05:54:20 »
These eyes are starting to look non-Playmobil to me . It might be the torso colors with that odd hair combo that makes them look like the knock off brands

I had the same reaction. It just isn’t playmobil. The combination with the hair doesn’t help. It just looks weird. Is the hair from Naruto?

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2022, 10:29:07 »
These eyes are starting to look non-Playmobil to me . It might be the torso colors with that odd hair combo that makes them look like the knock off brands

I like the hair, though it needs eyebrows or a headband.. And I really like the eyes. What I don't like is the red mouth. No idea why, but it puts me off. Also, I still don't like women in male bodies - I mean torsos, like that set. Still, I like the klicky - just a new head.

Was this sloth sold individually?

The sloth wasn't released yet, that is the first pic, afaik. Plenty of new animals (and colors) in those wildtopia sets - see Tiermann's review :P

Is the hair from Naruto?

The hair is not new at all - it's Alex's hair, from Super 4.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2022, 13:54:37 »
A blonde version of that Alex hair finally appears in a set. I had to go digging through the archives to see when I got my blonde ones, back in 2016, but they were a different shade. Still no idea how they came to exist.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2022, 13:59:02 »
A blonde version of that Alex hair finally appears in a set. I had to go digging through the archives to see when I got my blonde ones, back in 2016, but they were a different shade. Still no idea how they came to exist.

Same here.... But I THINK there was a blonde hair like that in a hairdresser some time ago (YEARS after they appeared on ebay)?

Also have a black Ruby hair from ebay - no idea where from (it's beautiful) :love:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2022, 14:53:34 »
Check the Amclicks thread again, they've added a medical rescue theme with ambulance and helicopter. New color scheme but otherwise repeated parts.

The sloth was hinted at in the image you show with the collector card for it, but this is it's first appearance in any image. Too bad it's so awkward looking, not that sloths aren't awkward in reality, it just doesn't work for me in that pose.

Series 23 figures are mostly boring, but a few possible interesting bits hidden in there. The male scientist looks interesting with those colored glasses. The white female center back is probably another mermaid with the same tail type as in series 22. Just possibly a new seahorse color there.

For me so far very little I want beyond the 4 with new animal colors. That's ok though after this huge year for animals being so expensive. Hopefully there will be another Wiltopia theme later in the year based on a different biome.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2022, 16:17:58 »
Thanks for the update, Tiermann

[...] sloths aren't awkward in reality, it just doesn't work for me in that pose.

I guess the sloth's pose isn't fixed: all four legs seem moveable, so you can suspend him from a branch in his trademark pose.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2022, 08:15:00 »
I wish they had given the darts player set number 71ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY! Remember Bullseye? It's a great set, definitely on my list!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2022, 09:21:12 »
I wish they had given the darts player set number 71ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY! Remember Bullseye? It's a great set, definitely on my list!

Another opportunity missed there by Playmobil, Graham.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Basie10

• It's ok :)
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2022, 09:53:41 »
The darts player is hilarious ;D I love the garish shirt - but disappointing that he doesn't have a beer gut, and that he isn't holding a pint of brown mix in his left hand.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2022, 12:29:51 »
Thanks for the information!

I like several of the figures in Fi?ures Series 22 like the rest of you, but I actually think that Series 23 has some really nice ones too.

From what can be seen in just the package image for Set 70638, the Viking, skeleton cowboy, and fantasy warrior look to have some really nice parts. I really like the gold and white pieces and the woven-look torso print.

From what can be seen in just the package image for Set 70639, the Egyptian woman, mermaid, bunny, princess, and gnome look to have some nice parts too. I missed the bunny in Series 8, so I look forward to trying some custom figures with that head.

I also like the walking stick in Set 71197, and Set 71200 is really nice! :D

It looks like the rope and hatband in Set 71206 are gold (or they could be dark yellow). If they are gold, I would definitely like to get some of those hatbands!

DuoPack Set 71208 might be one of the best sets in a long time, at least for the themes that I like! I plan to get many of them for fantasy parts, and I will be especially happy to have that staff available in a set like this! The only thing about that set that I am a bit disappointed about is that the one head looks to have a  printed face. :-\
~Pynedor~