Author Topic: The revival of the Victorian theme (2022)!  (Read 28549 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: The revival of the Victorian theme (2022)!
« Reply #150 on: December 08, 2021, 18:38:27 »
The extra floor would be useful because it offers a single window wall and a straight connector, which gives a lot more potential in terms of varying what you can build.

I never really messed with the victorian house.. I didn't know that...

If they were smart (uhm.) the extra floor would follow. It's REALLY a no brainer. For us.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #151 on: December 08, 2021, 22:48:29 »
I never really messed with the victorian house.. I didn't know that...

Nor have I, to be honest - as I 'only' had one and you're pretty limited as to what you can do.

It's quite strange though, because for 5301 they made a 3 window wall. I'm assuming they would release it, if the houses sell well enough

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #152 on: December 09, 2021, 17:40:05 »
Hereby I confirm it is Steck! :wow:

It suddenly occurred to me - if you're not aware, while the Victorian Mansion is Steck, it is not compatible with any other Steck buildings. I have seen dios with a ground floor using regular walls and an upper story of Victorian parts, but I couldn't say how easily they sit on top of each other.

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #153 on: December 09, 2021, 20:13:13 »
It suddenly occurred to me - if you're not aware, while the Victorian Mansion is Steck, it is not compatible with any other Steck buildings. I have seen dios with a ground floor using regular walls and an upper story of Victorian parts, but I couldn't say how easily they sit on top of each other.

Let's call it "Victorian Steck" ;)
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #154 on: December 10, 2021, 03:21:09 »
Let's call it "Victorian Steck" ;)

V-Steck
Veck
Steck-V
1900-Steck
Steck-chic

???

Online Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #155 on: December 10, 2021, 04:40:45 »
Stecktorian
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #156 on: December 10, 2021, 07:53:24 »
Stecktorian

That sounds like it refers to people: "He doesn't hold with these new building systems. He's an old Stecktorian, you know."

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #157 on: December 10, 2021, 09:30:05 »

Do you mean plate size-wise or male/female connection dimension-wise? Never thought they wouldn’t, and looking forward to trying, for eg, to use the Victorian base plates as foundation for a classic castle steck building.

Mine arrives on Tuesday, can’t wait.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #158 on: December 10, 2021, 13:03:02 »
Stecktorian

That sounds like it refers to people: "He doesn't hold with these new building systems. He's an old Stecktorian, you know."

Ha, there are many who would fit that description around here! :lol:
~Pynedor~

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #159 on: December 10, 2021, 17:17:14 »
Unexpectedly I received the mansion four days before it was supposed to turn up. Great job by UPS there. Now I am putting it together with my daughter, and I must say it is simply delightful. :love:

A couple of thoughts:

I think they should package the wallpaper better. As it is, it was loose in the box, and it is extremely easy for it to get bent. Maybe they can put it in its own box. I will be buying a spare set if and when it becomes available on DS, because I am aware it gets damaged and discoloured with time. I shall also try to get spares of the curtains.

The way the flowers attach to the stems is very very annoying, they keep falling off. I think I shall glue them on using model glue.

But all in all I am very happy, and looking forward to the other sets  :love: :love:

I was also thinking that they better release the other ‘outside’ sets as well, because if they don’t, the already expensive secondary market prices are gonna get much worse, with all the new mansion reissue owners.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 17:57:08 by Bolingbroke »
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."