Author Topic: The revival of the Victorian theme (2022)!  (Read 28555 times)

Online Janilew

• Playmo Lover
Re: The revival of the Victorian theme (2022)!
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2021, 09:33:34 »
I wonder how much the revived sets will be. They weren't cheap in the 90s.

A truly haunting thought.

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2021, 11:13:28 »
Since I was never able to have the sets as a child - also, in my time toys between boys and girls were strictly separated - , I will buy them this time, no doubt. So I will have to order them blindly, without watching the prices...  :-[ I mean, such iconic sets, I really want them in my collection.

I guess there's a little hope the extension floor will be released too, for now all the boxed sets have been revealed, but I can perfectly imagine the extension will come in a plastic bag (or a big plain carton box) like most of the PLUS assortment.

And apart from that, I'm really curious what they will do if they see these sets sell greatly? Do you think they might consider to revive more Victorian sets?

And last but not least: let's hope that Playmobil is finally getting it:
1. A regular assortment that pleases everyone (but mostly children): happening right now
2. An attractive franchise assortment: we are getting there, I think they did really well on Scooby Doo, Heidi and the cars
3. A collector's assortment (within the PLUS assortment): happening right now, but there's still space for more
4. Still missing: an international website like Lego Ideas on which we can put our ideas and where people can vote for it.
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2021, 14:58:32 »
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Online Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2021, 15:00:29 »
Looking at the doll house prices they are typically never north of $200 . The current one is $150.

I think it would be tough for them to make the price too expensive as their real market still is parents buying for children. It would be great to think Geobra did this for us but we all know what they think of us nutty, annoying, argumentative, opinionated, impossible to please, die hard collectors/fans. Trying to capitalize on us and pricing it at $300- ish would just backfire. Their main goal is to move boxes at a profit. I doubt this will go the direction of the $500 Startreck (obviously for nostalgic adults) type of marketing

I’m anticipating $175-ish mainly because I want as many as possible. Luckily this is not a licensed theme so it should go on the many many 25-35% off sales
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2021, 15:01:03 »
And last but not least: let's hope that Playmobil is finally getting it:
1. A regular assortment that pleases everyone (but mostly children): happening right now
2. An attractive franchise assortment: we are getting there, I think they did really well on Scooby Doo, Heidi and the cars
3. A collector's assortment (within the PLUS assortment): happening right now, but there's still space for more
4. Still missing: an international website like Lego Ideas on which we can put our ideas and where people can vote for it.

5. A cultural assortment, perhaps happening through museums etc.: happening right now, but there's still space for MUCH MUCH MORE  ;D
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2021, 17:20:02 »
I think thry can keep it in price range of the other current dollhouse themes. All of the molds already exist and that's the most expensive part of doing a new set. They may have had to remake a few molds but probably not many.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2021, 18:21:38 »
I’m anticipating $175-ish mainly because I want as many as possible. Luckily this is not a licensed theme so it should go on the many many 25-35% off sales

Don't they exclude the Greek Gods from the 25% off sales? But I think it might be included depending on how it shifts, the Fairy Tale Castle 9879 is included in offers.

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2021, 18:51:15 »
On many fora I check regularly, there's much to do about the pricing for the Victorian sets, some are really aiming way too high in my opinion. Can we assume some sellers of the original parts / complete sets are getting nervous? From the moment the parts are available in the Parts Service, the value of the (original) second hand parts will (almost) be worthless?
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Basie10

• It's ok :)
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2021, 20:12:46 »
but we all know what they think of us nutty, annoying, argumentative, opinionated, impossible to please, die hard collectors/fans.

Hey, those are our best points ;D

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2021, 22:03:22 »
I think you have a point, bml87: the present ecstasy of the collectors community goes hand in hand with the woes of the predatory sellers/hoarders – the upcoming release threatens to sink the value of their stocks, just like it happened with the 3627 a.k.a. 6464. I'm just an occasional seller but take me as an example: a couple of years ago I collected locally a boxed 5300 with interiors sets, again boxed, and all that at a fairly reasonable price – mind you, it wasn't exactly cheap. When it turned out that I don't really have any space to display or play with the mansion, I decided to complete the sets with the aim of making some profit. The plan to sell has now been shelved, partly also because another house move is looming, and my prospects for more playmospace are increasing. Perhaps I get to play with the mansion after all! :yup: