Author Topic: The revival of the Victorian theme (2022)!  (Read 27773 times)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
Re: The revival of the Victorian theme (2022)!
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2021, 03:58:49 »
I'm surprised they decided to revive the theme with almost identical sets. Personally, I'm not that excited because I have all these sets, and some of them (like the bedrooms) I have both versions. It's the smaller 'street' sets where I have gaps. I might get the new bedroom anyway because the brown is lovely. I kind of wish they recolored all of them, especially the kitchen and bathroom. I have two houses and only enough plumbing for one, lol. Maybe it'll become easier to get window parts to finish the FAO mini house.

The floral print in the bathroom was originally printed. They trimmed baby's hair. The original baby looks more Victorian.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2021, 09:06:19 »
Hehe strange they aren’t retconning the victorian theme with more modern values  ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2021, 09:41:20 »
So, Playmobil plus may be is going to be partly a collectors' range?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2021, 09:42:35 »
...It's the smaller 'street' sets where I have gaps.

We can only hope!

They trimmed baby's hair.

The original baby was a girl. The modern one is non-binary. So you aren't quite correct about modernisation, Bolingbroke!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2021, 09:57:27 »
Do all the rooms fit in the large house I wonder? If my calculations are right they do if both children's bedrooms go in the attic (seen and not heard!  ;D)

Once the bathroom was released, there was always a bit of a problem about fitting all the room sets into the house.

The parents bedroom really has to be in the attic unless you remove the stairs. When they first re-issued the furniture sets (1997?) was when they split the nursery into two sets, which might have been to provide enough room sets for 5300+the extension. As a child I used to sometimes use the bathroom sets to divide the attic into two rooms.

I have the original furniture sets mostly, so I might get the white nursery sets. I also think my Victorian Wedding 5339 has a broken chair, so it's useful that the white chair is back in that set (if the UK ever gets spare parts again...)

It's a shame the Study 5310 didn't make the cut - the bureau in that set is a lovely piece.

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2021, 10:47:03 »
Do all the rooms fit in the large house I wonder? If my calculations are right they do if both children's bedrooms go in the attic (seen and not heard!  ;D)

That's why we have to buy both houses ;D . Also, my wallet:

The floral print in the bathroom was originally printed. They trimmed baby's hair. The original baby looks more Victorian.

Great, let's hope they'll print it again in this edition!

Fingers crossed... Let's hope they revive more Victorian sets during the year... Still a lot of PLUS sets are unknown. I assume we will get more news in the next coming weeks!

It's a shame the Study 5310 didn't make the cut - the bureau in that set is a lovely piece.

Oh, although I have this set, I really hope they revive this one as well! That bureau is indeed a beautiful piece, also for the Western theme!

This revival is also great to mix it with the world of Heidi:

The large mansion could host this family (70258):

The smaller villa could be the perfect setting for Heidi's classroom (70256) as well, I imagine a classroom at the attic:
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2021, 11:32:25 »

The floral print in the bathroom was originally printed.

I'm confused by what this means - they look identical to me?

Yeah, but it means it will permanently be excluded from the 25% off sales  :lol: :lol:

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2021, 11:38:27 »
I'm confused by what this means - they look identical to me?

In an earlier post I asked if the original parts were printed (or stickered), so Ismene replied to that. The picture is the same one indeed, we can only hope now that the parts come printed again and not stickered...
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2021, 13:07:34 »
I see - I really hope it's not stickers, my clumpy hands couldn't cope with that  :lol: Plus the same tub has been released in plain white anyway

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2021, 14:52:51 »
Am I mistaken (I haven’t looked recently ) but didn’t the original 5300 have no stairs and you had to buy add-on sets?

I thought if you wanted to fit all the furniture you had to put in the stairway plugs giving you more floor space
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: