Author Topic: Indians 4012  (Read 10054 times)

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
Re: Indians 4012
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2012, 18:52:17 »
I think I'm in love with those indians!
Concerning the indian on the horse, seems like although it does not fit perfect it looks nicely.
Thanks again.
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2012, 20:52:30 »
Thanks for all the nice picture , I will be ordering extra poles for our older teepees
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2012, 04:04:32 »
i had never seen this set of native Americans...
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2012, 08:12:23 »
This set looks great!  The klickies and horse look quite nice and I can always use more teepees.  (The totem pole will join the other one I already have but never use.)  :indian:
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2012, 16:35:30 »
is this the older totem pole but now with prints ? Stamp it up geobra
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2012, 19:19:23 »

no idea. I don't have another totem, sorry  :-\
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2012, 22:16:17 »

This is the one I have, so it's different:

http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-66-8350
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2012, 00:26:57 »
Thanks for a very interesting review, Gaston, of an attractive set.

Ras is quite right about the drumsticks - an earlier mould has been reused.

I take the point about historical accuracy (which Playmobil is usually very good on), but will many (any?) of the people who buy the set be bothered or even know that teepees and totem poles don't go together, I wonder?

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2012, 00:37:16 »
We do! And every kid in the U.S. at least and other American countries too, I'm sure, spends a lot of time learning about the indians in their social studies classes in elementary school. So I would think kids might notice the inaccuracy too. Even hollywood doesn't get that wrong!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2012, 01:46:56 »
I think we got again to the very discussed point of the "stereotype".
Totems and teepees and feathers at the back of the head are indian stereotypes . So if you have to resume an indian theme you have to include them all.
There are good and bad stereotypes.

Im not saying this is a good or bad one (depending how you look at it maybe), just stereotype and that in terms of design it is how you resum and develope certain project showing it clearly with typical objects that represents the matter in question.

Lets say you have to draw a rainbow... you make and arc of seven colors right. Would you remember to include the fine rain and the sun?? nope!  :love:

On the other hand I doubt someone outside the United States would know that this 2 should not be together. I didn't know until last year when someone brought this up.  ;D

Many times we praised Playmobil for it simplicity and sinthesis. Well... that is stereotypes too.

Anyway... Im going off-topic in my own topic  :lol:...
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com