Author Topic: Evolution of bml87’s collection  (Read 46531 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: Evolution of bml87’s collection
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2018, 21:12:13 »
I like that Nutcracker's head because it recreates in PM (within the limitations of the klicky) the traditional wooden nutcracker doll, like the one you showed us bml87. I have found many of the male Fi?ures lacking in imagination in recent series, so it's good to see them think outside the box a bit.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2018, 14:53:14 »
I like that Nutcracker's head because it recreates in PM (within the limitations of the klicky) the traditional wooden nutcracker doll, like the one you showed us bml87.

Exactly, that’s why I’m going to leave the head like it is. I think it’s very nice to use with the circus theme or for a Christmas theme. Of course, if you want to use the klicky in another theme, I guess you might change the head into a normal one.
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2018, 07:00:38 »
I’m on my way to Cologne (Köln, Germany) to pay my first visit ever to a Playmobil Funstore!  :woohoo:
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2018, 15:50:33 »
I’m on my way to Cologne (Köln, Germany) to pay my first visit ever to a Playmobil Funstore!  :woohoo:

:picsplz: - and a detailed report!

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2018, 15:30:10 »
My trip to Colongne started really chaotic and stressful. I was going to take a bus from Brussels to Cologne at 7:15am. So I woke up early and took the earliest train to Brussels... That’s where it went wrong, my train had a delay, so I missed the bus! Actually I ran out of the station and I saw it driving away... I could die. The next bus was 4 hours later... so I took a train to Cologne which was of course more expensive... but anyway I arrived on the same time bus arrived.

I first went to Galeria Kaufhof and Teddy & Co. It appears that Galeria Kaufhof (and the Funstores) are selling the “German Red Cross” sets already!!! However I didn’t buy any of them, because I’m going to wait a year or more to get the best price ;) . Here are two pictures:

(As always, click to enlarge)

The flyer:

The back of box 9537:

Apparently the sets are on the “wanted list” of many, because I returned in the afternoon and half of the stock was sold already!!!

Around 2pm I went to the Playmobil Funstore! First of all I was a bit “underwhelmed” it’s really a small shop. Definitely if you compare it with the Lego shop (I checked out of curiosity) in Cologne, which is much more attractive! Playmobil should take an example to that! I didn’t take pictures of the shop because it didn’t have anything exclusive, just the racks with the blue boxes. On the other hand I have to say that the personnel is really friendly and willing to help you. Unfortunately they don’t sell all the sets that are on the German website. I was really planning to buy the 3 Playmos and other exclusive klickies they only sell on the German website.

Anyway, I came home with this ensemble:

I actually bought the 3 Yankees four times. With some modifications and combining them with the klickies of sets 3034, 3037, 5245 and 5249 I made the next groups of Yankees:

And last but not least! I ordered these klickies via the Parts Service and modified them as well, you may find them in my next Western diorama:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2018, 16:08:42 »
Thank you for the report!

Such bad luck with the bus :(   FOUR hours!? That's terrible!

I would very much like to get my hands on a few of those red cross klickys, but the sets are too huge for me :(

Love the purchases! And your customs! Those 3+1 sets are usually great to make armies...

You bought the woman with the grey skirt from ds parts? I want her too!

Again, thanks for sharing!

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2018, 19:23:21 »
Thank you for the report!

You're welcome, tahra ;)

Such bad luck with the bus :(   FOUR hours!? That's terrible!

I used FlixBus, I discovered it recently. Good service, enough leg space (more than a plane, but that's not difficult) and air-conditioning! "Unfortunately", unlike other bus services, they leave on time :lol:, otherwise I could have caught it...

I would very much like to get my hands on a few of those red cross klickys, but the sets are too huge for me :(

Well, now the sets are released, I guess it's easy to order them via the DS parts service, or your connections in Spain ;)

Love the purchases! And your customs! Those 3+1 sets are usually great to make armies...

After all I'm quite satisfied with my purchase, it could have been much more, so my wallet is also happy about it. ::)

You bought the woman with the grey skirt from ds parts? I want her too!

Yes, these are the klickies I ordered:
Barman: http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-13-0320
The priest: http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-00-4832
The grandmother: http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-14-4250
Barmaid: http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-14-0520

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2018, 19:50:23 »

Usually the klickys aren't easy to order, right?  I have.... issues with iberia.

We'll see. So far I didn't see those red cross ones in nembers (saw ONE, was outbid)... same with the dragnons ones :'(  (which is a LOT more serious!)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2018, 19:58:02 »
Usually the klickys aren't easy to order, right?  I have.... issues with iberia.

We'll see. So far I didn't see those red cross ones in nembers (saw ONE, was outbid)... same with the dragnons ones :'(  (which is a LOT more serious!)

I never had troubles with ordering klickies, so far all the klickies I ordered via DS, were delivered! Of course, you have to order the hats, bracelets, etc. ... separately, but I guess you know that :) .

I think the part numbers will be released soon, like I said, the sets are selling well (at least in Cologne).

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2018, 20:10:27 »
I never had troubles with ordering klickies, so far all the klickies I ordered via DS, were delivered! Of course, you have to order the hats, bracelets, etc. ... separately, but I guess you know that :) .

I think the part numbers will be released soon, like I said, the sets are selling well (at least in Cologne).

May the gods hear you..