0 (0%)
Fort Eagle
4 (11.4%)
Fort Eagle (DS)
0 (0%)
Fort Reno
2 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: What is your favourite Western Fort?  (Read 11052 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: What is your favourite Western Fort?
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2011, 13:03:21 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2011, 13:26:15 »
Hmm, no votes for the DS Fort Eagle yet! :lol:

All system x sets are so inferior to Steck sets especially the mediaval and western and pirates . System X only looks a bit good for modern sets and after all it was replaced very quicly and system x was very short lived , steck last decades . Bring it back i say !!!!
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2011, 13:46:22 »
Great idea for a poll, Damo!  I voted for Fort Bravo because that is the first fort set we had.   :)
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2011, 16:09:09 »
though I only have fort union I voted for fort Glory.... just because is the one I like the most  :)
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2011, 16:38:19 »
Eagle rock is one of the two sets that has this piece in it: 30 20 8890 - Connector between log-wall and Steck
Oh my. That would have been interesting.
Shame.
All system x sets are so inferior to Steck sets especially the mediaval and western and pirates.
Yes, but ¿can you connect the wooden stockades to the stone castle walls? If you can, that would be a major point in it’s advantage. If they’d pushed that (at all), they might have sold millions.:(
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2011, 18:39:03 »
Thanks for the poll, Damo.

I got Fort Bravo for Christmas one year and it was the best present I ever got!  I still have it and added to it recently with some ebay auctions.  I intend to use it as a Celtic hill fort and a Viking settlement.

In this poll I voted for Fort Glory, because I like the klickies better in it than in Fort Bravo.  The Steck forts are quite good but I do like that it's easier to keep the walls straight with System X ones.  Of course the System X ones, being so rigid, come apart easily.  I'm trying to create a Roman fort with the System X fort.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline kenc

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2011, 07:13:46 »
I voted for fort Randall. I'm a child of the 80s, so it must be fort Randall. I got one in 1986 and still have loads of nice memories. It's also the most complete fort: it has a cannon, enough soldiers (unlike fort Union), a headquarters, the famous lady soldier!, and veeeeeeeeeeery important in these days: a white horse! I've always loved the white horse a lot (the civil western open carriage even had two!), in the street we always envied the guys who owned white horses  :)

Ken

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2011, 20:25:41 »
Looks like Fort Bravo is our favourite fort :)

I definately think it has the best box art out of all of them ;)

Damo :)

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2011, 21:04:27 »
What's really the difference between Fort Glory and Fort Bravo?  (besides the signs over the main gate and the newer updated figures)

They're certainly not much different than Fort Randall, even.

They really seem to be all the same. 

Too bad the designers never really sat down and changed things to make a better and different fort.

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2011, 04:18:24 »
Thanks Damo ...  :'(

Posting this when you did made me think of my favourite toy soldier set when I was a kid.  Yes, I had (and still have!) the early version Playmobil Cavalry from back then but I did not have a Playmobil fort.

I had a fort when I was a kid - I don't know the maker of it but in the 90's I found that Big Spielwaren was making the same fort again (they must have bought the moulds from somewhere as I know Linda made these forts in the late 60's in Hong Kong).  I remember getting mine at Co-op (Canadian chain grocery/farm/whatever).  Must have been around 5 or 6.  Anyway, I still have it and the Big one I ordered from Germany.  Being too lazy to take pictures I'll post some on here (first pic is what I found on the internet - I always liked how it had a stable building as well as an HQ.

Longer (getting) story short, I bought Fort Glory, Randall and Bravo on ebay.

I plan to put them together to make a bigger fort.  Something like the Timpo Wild West Fort pictured below (2nd pic).

There should be room inside to put some more buildings and a well and make it look more realistic.