Author Topic: Advice for Geobra  (Read 6994 times)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: Advice for Geobra
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 15:20:29 »
I would like to know what will happen to Geobra altogether once Mr B is 6 feet under  ??? One of his kids seems only interested in flower pots and who knows about the other. In this day and age kids seem more inclined to sell the empire to the highest bidder. I would hate to see Geobra get absorbed into say Matell and really watch its reputation, colors, design & quality spiral down the drain.  :hmm:

SO my suggestion is to

6. find an worthy heir that will see the toy line through the next 37 years

ME!   :wave:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 15:32:09 »
i fully agree with Bill's first post.

regarding the flashy color and fisher price 'appearance' - playmobil have been addressed at a younger audience the past few years due to the reasons that have been discussed in other threads (i really can't picture a kid playing with a victorian figure dressed in realistic colors...that's just not popular nowadays - although like many of you i wished that existed) 

i don't think variation of figure sizes is a random decision by them - it must be related to production costs and processes

i do agree with Bonnie on the color of system x - it's strange they make very colorful outfits and accesories but not colorful buildings...if system x is staying forever at least it should come in different colors

cultural and age diversity is definately a must - i understand playmobil is a toy produced in a country where ethnic diversity may not be so common (correct me if i'm wrong) but they should also understand that they sell their products in countries (like the US and Canada) where it is
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2011, 16:24:21 »

ME!   :wave:
Looks like Rasputin got a volunteer for who will run PM the way we customers would like it run! Can we all nominate you to do the job? Good luck!
Guess all you have to do now is to knock off the current heirs/owners without getting caught and somehow convince those in charge that you are THE MAN! ;D
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 16:43:00 by playmogal »
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2011, 16:30:37 »
The playmo collectors club , part of its existence i suppose willbe this kind of communication . i doubt playmobil will improve their quality i think its evident they try sell volumes and improve profits in a world where oil price has is going up fast ,  so plastic quality is deteriorating fast . and i truly hope steck come back as a construction set as its by far the best nad can be used in far more imaginative ways than eeerrr for example my steck mediaval monstrosity . but i doubt that will happen unfortunatelly .... i hope it does though ...
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2011, 20:18:49 »
I totally agree with Ras. I often worry about what will become of the company after Horst is gone. I really really hope that there aren't major negative changes. it will break all of our hearts to see that happen, I'm sure. :-\

regarding the flashy color and fisher price 'appearance' - playmobil have been addressed at a younger audience the past few years due to the reasons that have been discussed in other threads (i really can't picture a kid playing with a victorian figure dressed in realistic colors...that's just not popular nowadays - although like many of you i wished that existed) 

I think it's the other way around. I think loud flashy fisher price colors make the toys look so childish that it scares off older children, thus limiting their buying pool. if they had more muted colors and looked more sophisticated, older kids might not be embarrassed to be seen with them.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2011, 21:08:48 »
I would like to know what will happen to Geobra altogether once Mr B is 6 feet under  ??? One of his kids seems only interested in flower pots and who knows about the other. In this day and age kids seem more inclined to sell the empire to the highest bidder.

perhaps this would be better ... who knows  :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2011, 22:18:02 »

perhaps this would be better ... who knows  :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

It could be catastrophic though! When things are turned upside down in a company like Geobra, the company's path can be blurred with the new controlling administration.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2011, 22:21:03 »
It could be catastrophic though! When things are turned upside down in a company like Geobra, the company's path can be blurred with the new controlling administration.

ras says mr. B son doesn't care about playmobil ... perhaps the new owner would love the toy and do the best for it ... :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2011, 22:25:16 »
ras says mr. B son doesn't care about playmobil ... perhaps the new owner would love the toy and do the best for it ... :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Or it maybe sold & resold multiple times loosing what core belief that started it's success in the beginning. Maybe we all need to start saving money to make an offer if it ever goes up for sale, to make sure it stays in control of Playmobil admiring lover's! ;D
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2011, 22:29:22 »
Or it maybe sold & resold multiple times loosing what core belief that started it's success in the beginning. Maybe we all need to start saving money to make an offer if it ever goes up for sale, to make sure it stays in control of Playmobil admiring lover's! ;D

well there is a problem though  ::) ::) ::) ( exept the economic) how will we communicate?  :hmm: :hmm:
The spirits rule !!!!