Author Topic: Target Fall 2010  (Read 11430 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Target Fall 2010
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2010, 14:52:35 »
Hi

Last night I went to our two local Targets and neither of them had anything. I asked around and finally got an answer. Our two stores recently decided to add a large food area. Not prepared food but grocery items such as milk, vegetables etc..... With having to fit this in a lot of other departments needed to be thinned out. The toy department lost up to 25% of it space.  Now I guess what I was upset about is that it looks like the Lego area got bigger but at the expense of Playmobil. I really hope I am wrong and the Playmobil has yet to get to our stores but I really do not see any room for it  :'(

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2010, 14:53:34 »
i like all of these new animals  :)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2010, 15:06:07 »
yes, I was joking about the coiled rope/whip being a hoop

The figure in the jeep set is the same one that's in the Warthog set from the regular African series. I also misspoke about the animals - the sets don't have the Hyena either. The trunk on the elephant can be taken out and flipped around, which I did on mine. It is most definitely the new Elephant from the zoo sets that haven't been released here yet.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2010, 15:08:44 »
Hi

Last night I went to our two local Targets and neither of them had anything. I asked around and finally got an answer. Our two stores recently decided to add a large food area. Not prepared food but grocery items such as milk, vegetables etc..... With having to fit this in a lot of other departments needed to be thinned out. The toy department lost up to 25% of it space.  Now I guess what I was upset about is that it looks like the Lego area got bigger but at the expense of Playmobil. I really hope I am wrong and the Playmobil has yet to get to our stores but I really do not see any room for it  :'(

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

That's interesting Ras and Richard. Having worked in the Dry Grocery department at Wal*Mart, I can see how much more work it is dealing with fresh produce (and also chilled and frozen foods). Are they competing with other chains nearby, and is this a good idea? It could spark a price war on fresh produce, and they could end up losing.

In Springfield/Eugene we have two Targets and three Wal*Marts, the Wal*Mart I work in being a Superstore (huge and open 24 hours), and also across the road from one of the Target stores, so that's the Target I usually go to. Tim found these sets in the other Target in Springfield, which looks about the same size to me, but also acts as a anchor store for the Gateway Mall.

I wonder if the Springfield Wal*Mart will be carrying Playmobil and the Eugene one not? I've seen no evidence of the food area expanding, and as you say, it looks like Playmobil just lost its shelf space to Lego. In Tim's store Lego took up a whole aisle, and Playmobil had been moved to the next ailse along. If Tim hadn't already told me it was there, I'd have left the store without seeing it.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2010, 15:13:51 »

It actually does have a windscreen, but you're absoultely right Bonniebeth, in the box pictures it doesn't, and they've even photoshopped out the holes where it would fit on the front page. The windscreen frame is silver to match the fenders and bars. Strange to go to such lengths to hide a part that might result in someone not buying the set.

Oh, that's really good to know. I may hafta get some so I can have more families on safari. Very strange they would hide it.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2010, 15:54:06 »
I know this thread is about Target but the local TRU has some new sets. They have the new zoo sets, the jungle temple and a single temple guardian klicky. I also saw a new ghost pirate ship. Its a 4444 cannon boat with two ghost pirates. These are different ghosts. They have red eyes. They had some 5910 dragon knight crossbow sets also. The temple set looks great but at 70 bucks I passed on it this time.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2010, 16:04:20 »
I know this thread is about Target but the local TRU has some new sets. They have the new zoo sets, the jungle temple and a single temple guardian klicky. I also saw a new ghost pirate ship. Its a 4444 cannon boat with two ghost pirates. These are different ghosts. They have red eyes. They had some 5910 dragon knight crossbow sets also. The temple set looks great but at 70 bucks I passed on it this time.

You could start a new TRU thread, Elric.

I popped into our nearest TRU yesterday after going to Target and there was nothing new there, but clearly mid-August seems to be a time for rearranging shelves, so hopefully we'll get those new sets soon too. $70 for the new jungle temple is definitely one to think about for a while before buying.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2010, 23:11:47 »
Thanks for the pics, Tim!

Luckily no pirates or medieval things, saves the wallet for a time  ;)

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
  • Just say the magic word!
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2010, 23:20:17 »
Oh? You do your playmo-shopping in the states?  8}
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2010, 23:24:40 »
Oh? You do your playmo-shopping in the states?  8}

:shhhh:

;D Yes, sometimes, when there are Target/TRus/...-exclusives that I like

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!