Author Topic: Bits & pieces (from firefighter sets?)  (Read 1870 times)

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
Bits & pieces (from firefighter sets?)
« on: February 25, 2020, 21:50:49 »
Hi, I have these bits & pieces that I need identifying, they came with old firefighter related stuff, so I assume they're from those, but no idea if I'm correct in my assumption or what exactly they are.

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
Re: Bits & pieces (from firefighter sets?)
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 23:26:40 »
those connect to the firefighters' hoses...

https://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-02-4100
https://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-23-0450
https://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-23-0460
https://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-09-9020

Thank you Tahra! :heart:

I could have sworn I'd looked for them before & came up short, but either I got mixed up & didn't or did a poor excuse of a search (& only looked for set 3403, which is what I'd assumed they'd came from, & then forgot to cast the net wider  :P ).

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 17:41:35 »
The long, thin, grey "metal" piece is the hose nozzle from the old 3525 and 3781 fire engines.  If you don't want these parts, I'll gladly pay you you take them off our hands.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2020, 17:50:36 »
The long, thin, grey "metal" piece is the hose nozzle from the old 3525 and 3781 fire engines.  If you don't want these parts, I'll gladly pay you you take them off our hands.

Sorry Playmofire!  I'm not sure the guys (my classic klickys) will forgive me if I let these go.  :lol:   I don't have any hoses, but am hoping I can get some (no idea if the parts service has them, haven't checked yet).

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2020, 19:45:46 »
Sorry Playmofire!  I'm not sure the guys (my classic klickys) will forgive me if I let these go.  :lol:   I don't have any hoses, but am hoping I can get some (no idea if the parts service has them, haven't checked yet).

A couple of years ago I thought it would be easier to just get some "unofficial" hoses... but came up empty.. I have ancient... thinks to roll the hoses on?  And I wanted to buy a few meters of it, but nothing :(

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2020, 20:20:56 »
A couple of years ago I thought it would be easier to just get some "unofficial" hoses... but came up empty.. I have ancient... thinks to roll the hoses on?  And I wanted to buy a few meters of it, but nothing :(

Gah! That sucks! Thanks for the info though. I have a bunch of spools for the hoses to go on too.  I hope I can find an alternative, but not feeling positive about it if you haven't!   :-\  If I find anything suitable I'll let you know.

Playmofire, have you ever found any alternative things to use for hoses?

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2020, 21:13:08 »
Gah! That sucks! Thanks for the info though. I have a bunch of spools for the hoses to go on too.  I hope I can find an alternative, but not feeling positive about it if you haven't!   :-\  If I find anything suitable I'll let you know.

I am hoping a "fire expert" might have sorted that.. :)

When it came to the spheres for the new lame curling things, grahamb knew EXACTLY what to look for!  My new colorful curling things (stones?) were properly weighted. :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2020, 22:58:46 »
I have ordered hose fairly recently from DS but the hose now comes in short lengths joined by thin plastic conectors.  This means that the hose is more flexible when using it and doesn't take on a more or less permanent kink after it's been rolled up for some time.  It rolls up on the reels OK too.

BUT, see my post below!

« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 23:04:56 by playmofire »
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2020, 23:04:20 »

Playmofire, have you ever found any alternative things to use for hoses?

See my post above.  No, ignore that post, there seem to be different hose parts for different sets.  I'll do a check and post part numbers tomorrow.

I'm glad that the firefighters have a place in your collection.  The little classic turntable ladder is a favourite of mine.