Author Topic: Taking Klickie apart Macgayver's way ;)  (Read 4067 times)

Offline macgayver

• MrPainterElf
  • Playmo Addict
  • www.macgayverplaymobil.be
    • Macgayverplaymobil
Taking Klickie apart Macgayver's way ;)
« on: December 03, 2006, 12:15:43 »
As the question often pop's up

And people having trouble to take kids and fat klikies apart

Made a short Photoshoot on How I dismantle my klickies

Here : http://www.macgayverplaymobil.be/00customstartpage.htm

Tried all kinds of methods explained in other treaths .

found out the way I use hardly ever breaks a klickie Love experimenting ;)

Good luck trying  ;)
One picture say's more then a thousand words ;)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: Taking Klickie apart Macgayver's way ;)
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 13:03:29 »

Hello, MacGayver ...

I just looked at your fotos ... :)

I am sure that your method probably works really well, but I'm also sure that your heavy pincers will really scare a lot of Playmobil collectors ... :lol:

As I'm sure you know, I've been using the screwdriver and vise method over at Garden Wargaming for many years. However, I have to admit that the "Spanish" method (as explained by Socrates) using an elastic rubber band seems to be the best way to avoid ANY damage to especially older Klickys.

This past summer I broke an older Klicky using the "Hans-on" method. This really upset me. Especially since I have successfully taken apart hundreds of Klickys using the Hans-on technique.

So, I guess that all of us will keep on experimenting until Zirndorf designs an easy, foolproof "take-apart" tool for disassembling our little Klicky friends ... ;)

All the best,
Richard

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 15:27:39 »
At last, someone who uses the same technique as I do. :)  When using this technique, it's important to check that the jaws of the pliers are clean and free of grit or anything which might scratch the klicky surface.  Alternatively, a bit of thick masking tape, either onn the jaws of the pliers or round the base of the klicky's face helps prevent scratches.

The only difference in my version of the technique is that I hold the klicky and pliers at shoulder height.  Good exercise for developing and maintaining upper body strength! ;D
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 17:21:16 »
Yes, quite a few of us seem to use this technique (cf. this thread within same section about a year ago, but not with such fine sequence pics  ;)). I use additionally a towel for not scratching the head, instead of a tape like Gordon suggested, and (as described) I turn the head slightly for slipping out of the clip and not breaking the edge by appruptly pulling out.

I have only difficulties with this technique on klickies which are wearing a jacket with collar (even a small one). Although the towel softens a little bit it's quite difficult to pull out the head without damaging the collar.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 17:51:08 »

I have only difficulties with this technique on klickies which are wearing a jacket with collar (even a small one). Although the towel softens a little bit it's quite difficult to pull out the head without damaging the collar.

Yes, I have the same problem with jackets.  Conversely, I find that where, for example, the klicky has epaulettes, such as the royal guard, or something round the neck, the scarf on the sweep is one example, it is much easier to get the head off.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline macgayver

• MrPainterElf
  • Playmo Addict
  • www.macgayverplaymobil.be
    • Macgayverplaymobil
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 02:42:12 »
Lol this is fun ,

Seems am not the only one experimenting  ;D

Like Napoleon said "On sait pas faire une omelette sans casser des oefs"

You cannot make an ommelette without breaking eggs  ;)

'The only difference in my version of the technique is that I hold the klicky and pliers at shoulder height.  Good exercise for developing and maintaining upper body strength! ' me too so no difference Gordon  but could not take piccies that way  ;) ;D
One picture say's more then a thousand words ;)

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 08:42:21 »
all the time I work with heavy machineries, I badly hurt my klickies...
its either too much pressure or I slip away and the klickies get ugly
scares in their faces...

I prefer definitely the hands-on method or the spanish way. :)

But I have to get better in this method as well as especially the older
klickies are likely to be pretty resistent for the latter two methods.

best,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen