Author Topic: 5843 US fire truck  (Read 15314 times)

Offline LHAAP

• Playmo Lover
Re: 5843 US fire truck
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2008, 07:36:47 »
This set was planned to be released in Spain, but in the last moment was retired due to lack of quality....

That's a message I like to hear :yup: I really don't hope this will be the standard in the future :prays:
Thanks for telling us, extjmv.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2008, 12:16:53 »
This set was planned to be released in Spain, but in the last moment was retired due to lack of quality....

If it was scrapped for release in Spain, why did it show up in this country  :hmm:? This still dose not sound good  >:(!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2008, 12:21:30 »
Not to digress too far afield but I fear something even more insidious than firetruck wannabes. The tassel for the spear of the Barbarian Chief has me fearing that some accessories may be made in China! If the little pieces then are mixed in with regular specials and sets it will change the complexion of Playmobil as we know it (think soft plastic swords and scenery pieces). I do not feel this is something we can afford to be complacent about.

Gepetto

Gepetto, would you let me know the Barbarian Chief set number you are referring to in this post, & any other sets you have noticed with the same decline in quality? Thank you!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2008, 12:35:58 »
Bill,

It is the new release #4677-Barbarian Chief and it is the only one I have noticed, but it caught my eye immediately as did the difference with the helmet and cloak.

Gepetto

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2008, 13:17:35 »
If it was scrapped for release in Spain, why did it show up in this country  :hmm:? This still dose not sound good  >:(!

Maybe based on the USA's choice of President for the last 8 years, Playmobil assume they'll suck up any old crap?  >:D

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2008, 14:51:30 »
Maybe based on the USA's choice of President for the last 8 years, Playmobil assume they'll suck up any old crap?  >:D

OOOHHHH! Low blow Martin  >:(!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2008, 14:53:32 »
Bill,

It is the new release #4677-Barbarian Chief and it is the only one I have noticed, but it caught my eye immediately as did the difference with the helmet and cloak.

Gepetto

Thank you Gepetto!

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2008, 15:54:37 »
OOOHHHH! Low blow Martin  >:(!

Only kidding!

It is worrying how this low quality Playmobil seems to be directed at the North American market, in all honesty. Someone on Playmofriends suggested that it may indeed be a low quality fake, it's so bad.

Like Gepetto, I immediately noticed the 4677's shiny hat and dull cape, unusual because the cloaks are usually shiny too, and his spear tassels are very poorly moulded with a lot of excess flash.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2008, 20:12:53 »
Only kidding!

It is worrying how this low quality Playmobil seems to be directed at the North American market, in all honesty. Someone on Playmofriends suggested that it may indeed be a low quality fake, it's so bad.

Like Gepetto, I immediately noticed the 4677's shiny hat and dull cape, unusual because the cloaks are usually shiny too, and his spear tassels are very poorly moulded with a lot of excess flash.

It's strange because I have never seen this from Playmobil ever, & from what others who have been collecting for much longer than I have, say the same thing. The figures have always been excellent, & even components like the vehicle tools that are on the ..... racks, trees, or whatever you call them? Never have any plastic flash! Colors are always consistant, & everything always has a very finished edge! If these are counterfit items, someone needs to investigate the situation ASAP!

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2008, 20:39:28 »
Hmpf...  :hmm:
I read in a magazine that playmo has a really hard time to enter the US market. Some sets are just too expensive to hit a nerve at the overall US customer. They stated that it is almost impossible to sell an item which costs over 30 US$ (was it 20?). I always felt, they did a good job in making take-along sets and small pirate ships and - well - these plastic sails...  :hmm:
..but if this is the new strategy, I hope they will get the guy fired really soon, who came up with the idea of Playmobil-branded china crap toys...  >:(

best,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen