Author Topic: 5890 carrying case  (Read 5942 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
5890 carrying case
« on: May 27, 2010, 17:41:07 »
Hi all,

I pass by a toy store today I was surprised to see this on the front!!!

At first I thought ''I think I have enough dragon knights....'' But then i saw the price!!! Ten euros!!! I thought it was cheap...

I asked the manager how come he had these since they are sold only in the US...Well, playmobil is known to bring a few from time to time with various retailers....

So I took it back home and....

Its total red!!! Both sides are red!!!! No see through plastic, no visor!!! You cannot see the contents when it is carried around!!! Oh goody!!! I can carry my favourite playmobil around and no one will give me the weird looks!!! Plus it has loads of accessories...Is the 10 euros worth it? ....

Then, as I started looking inside i saw this!!!!

Yes its a sticker!!! I was even more happy for a strange reason!!!

I missed no time and placed it on the case...

I now think this was not a good idea...people at work will understand that I am not carrying my lunch in there!!!

I still have not decided on the ten euros but I liked the exitement!!!!

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
Re: 5890 carrying case
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 17:55:41 »
 :lol: That is a good looking set for the price, and I like that case a lot - much better than the see through ones.
And it comes with a sticker too! ;D

Are there any of these opaque carry case sets in modern theme? (not that I would be able to get one very easily) :(

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 18:07:28 »
There was a police one   5891 - Police Duo Carrying Case and one for the fairy tale castle theme  5892 - Fairytale Princess Carrying Case  I also thought there was a rescue one but I was probably mistaken... But there is a pirate one!!! 5894 - Pirates Duo Carrying Case

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 18:13:28 »
There was a police one   5891 - Police Duo Carrying Case and one for the fairy tale castle theme  5892 - Fairytale Princess Carrying Case  I also thought there was a rescue one but I was probably mistaken... But there is a pirate one!!! 5894 - Pirates Duo Carrying Case

Thanks Panos :)

The police one is dissapointing as it just appears to be a re-issue of old parts and not much new. Although I do like the look of the fairytale princess one a lot :-[

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 18:29:47 »
Thanks Panos :)

The police one is dissapointing as it just appears to be a re-issue of old parts and not much new. Although I do like the look of the fairytale princess one a lot :-[

No problem Damo!!

The princess is indeed a good klicky and loads of great accessories!!! She is also a re-issue of the 4258 royal carriage bride..

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 19:27:02 »
I managed to get all except 5893 - Pony Riders Carrying Case, and the others are entered into PlaymoDB under their respective themes as Wolf Knight has so helpfully linked. If anyone picks up the ponies, please share what's inside.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 20:18:21 »
I managed to get all except 5893 - Pony Riders Carrying Case, and the others are entered into PlaymoDB under their respective themes as Wolf Knight has so helpfully linked. If anyone picks up the ponies, please share what's inside.

Ponies! That would be an interesting set to see!!!

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 00:02:15 »
I have picked up three of those so far. I love the horse armour. The police case is where I got parts for my biker custom. 

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 04:34:03 »
Ten Euros is good value, but I'd prefer the same contents without the carry case for seven.

Nevertheless, I have bought about ten of the red case ;D

Offline Abbot Hamilton

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Diet of Worms?
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 05:39:59 »
Nice review Wolf Knight,

i bought two of the farmer cases, for the tools, baskets etc for my medieval collection. The cases are nice storage for really small pieces like cuffs, jewellery, coins etc.

Abbot Hamilton.
O brother where for art thou?