Author Topic: Cow Parade!  (Read 6630 times)

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Cow Parade!
« on: May 12, 2006, 15:57:39 »

Tahra from playkingdoms has created a great pic for the site's home page, marking the "Cow Parade" event which is currently taking place in Lisbon, Portugal.

She has very aptly used one of those hard-to-find purple and white Playmo cows that were only produced in limited numbers. 8-)
(I think it was some kind of promo, possibly for Milka).

I'd never even heard about the Cow Parade until she mentioned it, so I googled to find out more.
Apparently it's a very big public art event which has already taken place in other big cities around the world.
Click here to find out more: Cow Parade
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 16:23:32 by Sylvia »

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Cow Parade!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 19:39:58 »
Last year or the year before when I visited some former colleagues in Manchester it was Cow Parade there.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 20:42:18 »
They have had Cow Parade up in Portland. Here we have had Ducks on Parade where they are very large ducks.

Was the Milka Cow actually produced then? I would love to get one if anyone knows of one out there that's available.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 22:35:17 »
Was the Milka Cow actually produced then? I would love to get one if anyone knows of one out there that's available.

Well, this is something I'm still not clear on.  ???

There was a thread over at PlaymoFrance a while back where they were discussing the purple cow. One of their members contacted Milka to try and get more information, but they knew nothing about it.

Someone else said there were just a few prototypes made and they didn't actually get released to the public. That seems the most likely considering how hard these things are to come by.

I think Tahra had been trying to get one for a long time and is very pleased to have finally succeeded. :)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 21:13:03 »
A thread form the German forum had left me with the same impression, so I doubt it was ever a general release.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 18:16:09 »
How about Lions on Parade? Here is a link to someone's pictures on Flickr: Leon

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 18:45:21 »
... or sparrows on parade: http://home.arcor.de/kaosfamilie/page/36.htm  ;D

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 00:07:53 »
A thread form the German forum had left me with the same impression, so I doubt it was ever a general release.

Tahra has since informed me that she bought the purple cow on eBay in 2003. When she told me she'd only recently found the cow, she meant it literally, because it had taken her a long time to uncover it amongst her large collection. ;) I guess that's what happens after 20+ years of buying Playmobil. :lol:

Thanks for the links to the Lion and Sparrow Parades! I love all the bright colours and the variety of styles the artists have used to decorate them. 8-)