Author Topic: Quite surprised by the DS price of rooster  (Read 1111 times)

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
Quite surprised by the DS price of rooster
« on: January 04, 2013, 05:13:42 »
It costs 2.1 euro for the rooster itself..... Talk about how light in weight it is

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Quite surprised by the DS price of rooster
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 07:56:17 »
But it looks a pretty complex moulding.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 08:26:33 »
But it looks a pretty complex moulding.
yes....very true. Are all colours, even the black, original of the plastic??

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 09:28:48 »
yes....very true. Are all colours, even the black, original of the plastic??

If it's lile earlier roosters, the feet are removable so that the bird can be posed, but the colours will all be done in the injection moulding, I believe.  Geobra were the originators of three and four colour injection moulding in a single operation.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 11:06:59 »
Prices for the spare parts depend on the production. If the item was produced for only a few sets, it will cost more than if it appeared in several. I was surprised that the leather cuffs (for knights) were cheaper in silver gray than in brown, and when I asked why at Playmo.fr, that's what I was told. 
Life in the so called space age...

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 11:28:51 »
Prices for the spare parts depend on the production. If the item was produced for only a few sets, it will cost more than if it appeared in several. I was surprised that the leather cuffs (for knights) were cheaper in silver gray than in brown, and when I asked why at Playmo.fr, that's what I was told.

That was something that occurred to me, too.  The more that are produced, the cheaper each one is.  This means that quite large items such as vehicle chassis or bodies are cheap.