Author Topic: Are there Roman civilian (of the plebs)?  (Read 3677 times)

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
Re: Are there Roman civilian (of the plebs)?
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2019, 21:40:27 »

That's the main sequence, some more ideas later  :roman:

Do you think there should be new parts for Roman plebeians? I miss sandals and the short dress. Maybe a variation of the legionaries' legs... (But without the military hangings...)
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2019, 05:03:55 »
A short skirt for the regular bodies would be good. It could be used for modern people, Scottish kilts, ancient people. With removable legs so you choose between sandals, shoes, boots etc. Short like the Roman legs but a proper skirt instead of a huge gap for sitting on horses.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2019, 08:08:25 »
A short skirt for the regular bodies would be good. It could be used for modern people, Scottish kilts, ancient people. With removable legs so you choose between sandals, shoes, boots etc. Short like the Roman legs but a proper skirt instead of a huge gap for sitting on horses.

Uhm.. there are short skirts. Problem is, 99.99% of them have heels. And there are not many different options (caveman boots, cavewoman shoes, bare feet, or those new silver boots from the wizard with the big blue chick)...

I am still looking for someone willing to trade heels for.. well... any other option.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2019, 09:12:43 »
Uhm.. there are short skirts.
No, there are currently long skirts and medium length skirts. Short skirts would be, well, short. The skirt length used by Roman plebs and others like Greeks and Iberians were no lower than the knee and most were well above the knee, the same is true for kilts.
The skirts you're talking about represent something below the knee, more mid-shin rather than mid-thigh.

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2019, 12:34:31 »
Uhm.. there are short skirts. Problem is, 99.99% of them have heels. And there are not many different options (caveman boots, cavewoman shoes, bare feet, or those new silver boots from the wizard with the big blue chick)...

I am still looking for someone willing to trade heels for.. well... any other option.

Speaking of short skirts, is there a way to detach the shoes from the skirt? I couldn't do it so far. Thanks for the help!
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2019, 12:49:33 »
Speaking of short skirts, is there a way to detach the shoes from the skirt? I couldn't do it so far. Thanks for the help!

I cut the tab preventing removal (detailed somewhere on the PROCESS)... Rarely the feet do come off without doing that...

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2019, 00:14:40 »
I cut the tab preventing removal (detailed somewhere on the PROCESS)... Rarely the feet do come off without doing that...

I also cut that tab. That stupid tab.  :hissyfit:  Should come like the (old) long skirts so you can swap out the feet/heels without all the hassle.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2019, 09:53:01 »

I also cut that tab. That stupid tab.  :hissyfit:  Should come like the (old) long skirts so you can swap out the feet/heels without all the hassle.

Thanks, tahra and Hadoque! Can any of you put a picture of the tool that you are using to do this? Thanks!
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2019, 14:45:02 »
I just use a cutter-knife...

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2019, 15:13:28 »
Thanks, tahra and Hadoque! Can any of you put a picture of the tool that you are using to do this? Thanks!

link in the PROCESS

Scroll down a bit..