Author Topic: who likes the new ship?  (Read 13351 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: who likes the new ship?
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2011, 15:32:56 »
I can see the brain gears working already from well qualified members for this beautiful ship! Well done mateys! :arrr:
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2011, 05:34:13 »
If I remember correctly, the main sails on front and aft mast weren't the same size on the 3940; one being just slightly larger in length then the other. (all my sails are in a box for protection at the moment, I should search it and check to be sure)
But the difference is small, you can exchange them. Depending wich one you exchange, it will look like it has either a bit more or a bit less "wind blowing" at it.
Should be the same with the 5135 I guess, so getting another front sail without skull to put on the aft mast should work.

I'm looking at my sails right now....I think you're right that one of them is slightly bigger than the other...but it doesn't matter.  They're still interchangeable.  I know cuz I tried.  Not really sure which one goes in front or back.  So the worst thing that'll happen with the new sail is you have two of the same one, and they'll be EXACTLY the same size.  You won't be able to tell.

Btw, like rigging, sails are EASY to replace with your own material.  Just cut it out of your favourite material, and attach just like the stock ones. 
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline grangel

• Playmo Master
  • Medieval military designer
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2011, 06:59:22 »
Ι think that 3940 was the closest to reliality ship of playmobil,also 4290 was the ship with the better position for canon.those pairs of canon can hit easy the deck of every other playmobil ship,also the rear canon is excellent.The new ship is beautifull with upgade features of 3940 but i'm correct there is not rear canon and those four lower canon are real or fake?I'm sure that playmobil can do better.I do not care about the sails.You can always customize them.

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2011, 14:54:06 »
I like all the new pirate sets coming out. :love:

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2011, 20:18:38 »
The new ship is beautifull with upgade features of 3940 but i'm correct there is not rear canon and those four lower canon are real or fake?I'm sure that playmobil can do better.

Yeah, we've determined the 4 lower cannons are fake.  Interesting you mention no rear cannons....most ships of this day would have what we call "chasers" : rear-facing cannons that protrude from the stern of the ship, made specifically to shoot backwards at any pursuing ships.  You are correct; the 3940 does not have any chaser rear-facing cannons.  That would be a cool modification to make, not to mention forward cannons at the bow.  FYI, my Black Pearl custom can accommodate 2 forward facing cannons at the bow, just for fun. :D
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2011, 14:30:23 »
I like the ship and will add as many as possible to our fleet. Along with changing out some of the ships fake cannons & skull sail I will change the "Ship bow decorative carving" to the 30 21 8830 golden colored one. I think all the gold trim leading up to the bow should end in gold and not red. Simple change but I think it will look better. The shield on the stern should be bellow deck in the treasure hold, again simple fix.

I like the new colored ship and am somewhat glad they brought it back. I would have preferred they made a whole new ship and never again consult the architect who was associated with the 4290 but this will do.

For some reason the Klicky on the loading platform looks like a kid in green shorts with no shoes? 

Also one of the most annoying things Playmobil does is in regards to the Skull and bones. From what I have read each band of pirates would have his own unique design. On one ship the flags, sails, hats & other items should all bear the same design. On this ship, and many others the skull design on the sail is completely different than the one on the flag & possible on the hats. They should all match  :hmm: Not always a simple fix as there is not always matching flags, sails & hats.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2011, 15:14:28 »
I like the ship and will add as many as possible to our fleet.

I almost spit out my coffee when I read this; I don't know why it struck me as funny.  :lol: I guess most people don't think mutiples when it comes to big pirate ships! Is there anything you have just one of?  :P
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2011, 15:26:55 »
I almost spit out my coffee when I read this; I don't know why it struck me as funny.  :lol: I guess most people don't think mutiples when it comes to big pirate ships! Is there anything you have just one of?  :P

No, but there are some I have none of  :P

To be honest if you watch trends closely enough you can pick up sets like the 3940 very cheaply. I think I pick up the 5 I have for under $40 used, some even for $20-ish. I did not even want the 4290 but ended up buying 2 sealed store displays in a large lot from a closing local store.

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2011, 15:34:04 »
You have three arks.  :doh: I think that makes you a hopeless case!  :lol:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2011, 15:36:19 »
You have three arks.  :doh: I think that makes you a hopeless case!  :lol:

The arks make good customs for transporting troops to the mainland  ;D