Author Topic: School!  (Read 2974 times)

Offline Coyote

• Playmo Lover
School!
« on: January 02, 2011, 20:02:15 »
So my fantastic wife got me the school for my Birthday!
As she had to work New Year's Eve until 11PM, she gave it to me early, so it would keep me awake until she got home, putting it together.
It really is an incredible set- and it took me through midnight putting it together.
Of course my daughter is in love with it- and she is respecting the rules of Daddy's Playmobil- no random taking things apart, if anything falls on the floor, pick it up immediately.  Nevertheless, I didn't get much sleep, as she was up at 5AM and we spent the next several hours playing with it while mum and the baby slept in...

Anyway, great set, but had two problems:  one of the teachers is completely missing an arm- not broken, just not there.  Also, the white "beads" that attach to the blackboard are missing.  I think in all my years of collecting, I have hardly ever had any mistakes or missing parts (I remember the goat from the first nativity set had his head on backward...)
Wonder what's up with quality control?
Cheers!
  Peoples Republic of Maine  :D

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: School!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 20:06:34 »
What a lovely present!! Congratulations!!!

That is very strange indeed, with the missing parts etc... :hmm:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 20:09:20 »
That's great, Coyote! Your daughter looks like she's having a wonderful time playing with your toys.  :P

That's really weird about the missing parts. I've never had that happen with a new set, but the other day I got a set from ebay, and the giraffe in it had two left front legs, with the one on the right turned around facing backwards. Very strange!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 21:46:28 »
I would love to see that goat! :o ;D

beautiful daughter you have :) seems that sets it lots of fun 8-)
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 01:49:17 »
It is a great set, isn't it?  I got one for James but also got two extra floors as he wanted to make his school and so we needed more classrooms. - it took me the best part of a day to put it together!
I'll post some photos of it when I've found our spare desks (I put them away after the Kirkbean exhibition and I'm not sure which box they're in!)
Your daughter is lovely, she looks really thrilled with your present.  :)

Elaine

A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 19:41:45 »
Great stuff Coyote!!

It really looks like a super cool set and I havent heard anything bad about it yet.

If you have the receipt scan it and sent a complaint letter to PM I have had several wonky things in the last couple of months and all have been replaced adequately!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 22:13:47 »
My thoughts exactly, Gis! They will send replacement parts usually at no cost! Just explain to them the situation & give them the part numbers. I always ask if they would like to have the defective pieces returned to which they have always said no.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 22:17:42 »
That's good to know they are so cooperative about that. I haven't had a problem yet, but I'm sure my day is coming!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 22:25:34 »
It looks a very nice set and should offer a lot of family fun.  I've bought the craft workshop in the theme for use with my fire station.

Do as everyone says, write to your local PM and they should sort it out with no problem.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Coyote

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 00:06:33 »
Cheers, yeah I will do as suggested-  not one, but two mistakes in one (admittedly big) box...

And since the 1st, I have added the shop class. No mistakes in that box fortunately.
 :D
  Peoples Republic of Maine  :D