General > Brainstorming For Playmobil

CAD (computer aided design) for Playmobil structures

(1/8) > >>

Tiermann:
I believe it, there are a lot of possibilities for the Roman sets. I really would like to see the seating section form the arena as an add-on, and even more an add-on seating section like that but straight instead of curved - then it would be possible to make a proper circus for chariot races.

A concept I would love to see (but would take a serious commitment from Geobra/Br.):
A computer game/software that is a CAD (computer aided design) for Playmobil structures.  The parts - probably just System X and other current release structure parts - would be programmed in, so you could make buildings that could actually be built. A possible income route for them would be to have the program create a parts list of what you have used in the building and then you could send the list off to a Playmobil email address and they would respond with the cost. If you could afford it you could respond with an order for the parts and they would be shipped to you. The game could have you set your location so the prices and part source would be correct for your closest shipping. The costs could potentially be stored in the game but it would require an updating process so they would stay current, as would the available parts to use in the CAD.
Even better for the castle fans out there would be a Steck expansion that would allow creation of those sorts of buildings too - and if they stocked the parts you can bet lots of people would be buying all sorts of Steck to make buildings with too.

playmofire:
That sounds a great idea, Tim.  Are you going to put it to them?

Richard:

Hello, Tim ...

--- Quote from: Tiermann on February 01, 2008, 20:28:16 ---A concept I would love to see (but would take a serious commitment from Geobra/Br.):
A computer game/software that is a CAD (computer aided design) for Playmobil structures.

--- End quote ---

As I'm sure you already know, Lego fans have had such a program for quite awhile.

I fact, Lego Digital Deigner was recently updated.
see attachment

Tiermann:
Yes, I've used an older version of that program in the past, but I got out of LEGO some time ago. I can't imagine this hasn't already occurred to Playmobil, if for no other reason than the increasing number of buildings being shown in the animations.

Richard:

--- Quote from: Tiermann on February 02, 2008, 04:26:11 ---I can't imagine this hasn't already occurred to Playmobil, if for no other reason than the increasing number of buildings being shown in the animations.

--- End quote ---

Zirndorf just never seems to think of these things, Tim ...

They all seem to have their heads someplace else up there in Klicky Towers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version