General > News

Playmobil Canada's crazy price increases

(1/3) > >>

BlueWizard:
Has anybody else had experiences with Playmobil prices going up and up every few months this year? I've been waiting for the Ayuma sets to go on sale on playmobil.ca (to make them more reasonably priced!) but instead of being on sale for Canada Day (July 1) they went up 10 to 15%!!!  :o Not only that, but for instance, set 70803 (2 fairies with snake and peacock) started out at C$25 but then in March went up to $29, then $30 then down to $28 and now yesterday up to $33. It all seems a bit crazy. 8} This seems to be the case for some other themes as well, like Dino Rise and Novelmore. I think I will have to hold off on buying anything for a while to see what happens. On top of that the availability appears to be hit and miss. Some sets (like the January release Playmo-Friends) are finally showing up in stock; so even if I was buying, many sets are just not in stock. The local shops have reduced their Playmobil sections and haven't ordered some themes. Very frustrating! Maybe if I pull out a few storage boxes of older Playmobil sets, I can pretend they are new sets! Some I haven't seen for a few years!  :lol:

Of course this is in addition to so many other things going up 10% or more.

David in Victoria, BC.

StJohn:
It is the same here in Germany. Playmobil.de has in recent days increased its web shop prices virtually across the board by 10% or more. They are now selling their stuff at higher prices than advertised in their print catalogue! I am not sure what this means: real higher prices due to increased costs, which will eventually also reach retailers and consumers, or some crazy pre-sale price hike to make some future sale more palatable to the company...

Pynedor:
Some of the prices have definitely been increased on the different sites. I think many of us have a sort of "per figure" cost that we calculate (at least for the smaller sets), and that might need to be increased soon too to be realistic. :(

--- Quote from: BlueWizard on July 02, 2022, 23:24:07 ---On top of that the availability appears to be hit and miss. Some sets (like the January release Playmo-Friends) are finally showing up in stock; so even if I was buying, many sets are just not in stock. The local shops have reduced their Playmobil sections and haven't ordered some themes. Very frustrating!

--- End quote ---

I've noticed the same things. :(

--- Quote from: BlueWizard on July 02, 2022, 23:24:07 ---Maybe if I pull out a few storage boxes of older Playmobil sets, I can pretend they are new sets! Some I haven't seen for a few years!  :lol:

--- End quote ---

That's a good idea! :lol:

BlueWizard:

--- Quote from: Pynedor on July 03, 2022, 11:07:45 ---I think many of us have a sort of "per figure" cost that we calculate (at least for the smaller sets), and that might need to be increased soon too to be realistic. :(

--- End quote ---

Yes, the per figure cost has really gone up... one figure can be a Fi?ure or a Playmo-Friend or a Special Plus or a small regular set or a starter set. So anywhere from $5 to over $20 in Canada. Ouch!

Eplay:
Some of the sets on playmobil.nl have also increased in price.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version