Author Topic: Police  (Read 6848 times)

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
Police
« on: September 09, 2019, 12:55:49 »
Time for some law enforcement!

I wanted to bring some variety to my SWAT teams: here's the result.

Inspiration was drawn from SEK Berlin gear.

PS: a question for the more experienced forum users. Since the images in my previous post showed up huge I tried scaling them down this time. Is that enough or would you recommend I scale them down more?

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Police
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 14:29:37 »
Spot on!

Are the goggles from bike helmets?

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 17:13:56 »
Are the goggles from bike helmets?

Indeed they are, though they have been used in the Winter theme too: https://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-22-1822

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 17:34:53 »
Indeed they are, though they have been used in the Winter theme too: https://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-22-1822

Thanks! Very nice use for them :)

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
Ski Patrol
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 06:50:16 »
Sooner or later I'll manage to take decent photos of my police officers display (it would be quite a chore to move it, so I have to find a way to shoot it where it stands). In the meantime, I figured I might as well keep posting some pictures of the few customs among the police officers I own.

First off, here is my ski patrol (v.1 – I have a v.2 in the works, but some pieces are turning out hard to acquire). As always, click on the pictures to enlarge them.

Now I'm fully aware that's really not how most ski jackets look; still I went with this torso because the French Gendarmerie and the RCMP wear similar jackets, with epaulets and all, including the side holster.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2019, 08:52:02 »
Nice!

PS: a question for the more experienced forum users. Since the images in my previous post showed up huge I tried scaling them down this time. Is that enough or would you recommend I scale them down more?

A width of 500 to 750 pixels will ensure that the images fit on a tablet screen as well as a PC screen (I don't know about phones). An easy way to scale images is to insert a width instruction in the first image code, like this [img width=500
Example:

At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2019, 18:03:42 »
I really like your ski patrol!  And I think those torsos work quite well for it :)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2019, 19:54:16 »
It's great to see how accurate your custom klickies are. They really resemble their human equivalents!

Is this a project or are they part of something bigger, like a future diorama?
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2019, 11:33:48 »
A width of 500 to 750 pixels will ensure that the images fit on a tablet screen as well as a PC screen (I don't know about phones).

Indeed in my last couple posts the images were 600 pixels wide; the mobile layout too shows them whole. Thanks for the validation!

And I think those torsos work quite well for it :)

Glad you think so! The v.2 is set to have motorcyclists' torsos.

It's great to see how accurate your custom klickies are. They really resemble their human equivalents!

Thank you bml87, I'm really happy to hear that! There's a reason I tend to base my customs on reconstructions, photos and illustrations: I don't ever feel like I did it right unless I can find some sort of real-life equivalent. (Which is why I have ~150 MB of reference images on my phone)

Is this a project or are they part of something bigger, like a future diorama?

No dioramas in sight unfortunately, but yes, it is a project of sorts – variations on police uniforms, so to say.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2019, 10:18:00 »
The SWAT Team looks so realistic  :love: :love: :love:

Excellent custom  :clap: :thanks:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.