Author Topic: 3977 Knight, what colour hair?  (Read 3396 times)

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
3977 Knight, what colour hair?
« on: December 15, 2007, 14:50:33 »
Hi all,

In my recent Playmobil lot from London I have found 2, 3977 easter special egg knights.
The problem is each has a different colour and style of hair so can anybody help me and tell what hair they should have?
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: 3977 Knight, what colour hair?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 15:33:49 »
According to photos I've taken of the egg contents a long time ago, your two knights are both incorrectly wigged. ;D
(see attachments)

Mine was bought sealed so there's no chance that the hair was swapped.

Nice find, btw! I'm sure you know that he's one of the more sought after and harder to obtain egg figures. 8-)

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 17:19:09 »
Thanks Sylvia,

It was a nice surprise to find these 2 now complete with the right hair and to get one of each colour egg.

There was a third figure but only his helmet, shield and one piece of arm armour was there, I also found another complete helmet. I'm going to hang onto the incomplete one for spares and the other helmet I have already put to use on a custom figure, I found the new operating room figures are the nearest match to the helmet blue.

They will all get ebayed next year.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 11:16:01 by Sir Gareth »

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 10:43:30 »
too bad that the new eggs do not contain such wunderful and unique pieces anymore...   :'(

this knight is one of my favourites... :love:

best,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 11:39:42 »
Actually, there might be another explanation as well  >:D ...

If my memory serves me right (I don't have the collector's guide here on hand), there were two different eggs containing this knight. Same number (as all eggs of the same year have) as they were both produced in the same year. The only difference between them, according to the Collector's guide (again, if my memory serves me right) was the colour of the EGG.
Both were blue; but one of them a darker hue.

Your picture of the egg-knights show one egg being a dark blue and the other a lighter blue.
Perhaps that wasn't the only difference, but differed they also in hair-style and colour of the knight ???

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline tiger1983uk

• The Lurker
  • Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 13:19:13 »
Thanks Sylvia,

It was a nice surprise to find these 2 now complete with the right hair and to get one of each colour egg.

There was a third figure but only his helmet, shield and one piece of arm armour was there, I also found another complete helmet. I'm going to hang onto the incomplete one for spares and the other helmet I have already put to use on a custom figure, I found the new operating room figures are the nearest match to the helmet blue.

They will all get ebayed next year.

Hello

If you still have the incomplete version of this Knight, I have a full set of the armour spare. If you would like it PM me your address and I'll pop it in the post :)

"It seemed like a good idea at the time"

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 18:03:35 »
Hello

If you still have the incomplete version of this Knight, I have a full set of the armour spare. If you would like it PM me your address and I'll pop it in the post :)

Hi,

Thanks for the offer but I have already used up the rest of the parts, apart from the helmet.