Poll

If you had a choice on a new or expanding historical theme ?

Asian
10 (25.6%)
Greek
15 (38.5%)
Roman ( expansion )
9 (23.1%)
Egyptian (expansion )
1 (2.6%)
Persian
2 (5.1%)
Maya
2 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: December 21, 2009, 13:28:42

Author Topic: New Theme or expand  (Read 8792 times)

Offline Mountain King

• forever young
  • Playmo Enthusiast
  • For Glory, Majesty and Unity
Re: New Theme or expand
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2009, 14:00:54 »
I' ve voted greek, because it would be a total question for me, if PM would come only as Roman and Egyptian but not as a Greek.

Asian would make also a fine choice : Samurai, Shoguns, Ninja, all would be great for giant battlefields , for relaxation Geisha, even if you really want a monster in it as well: Godzilla, Modzilla, ...
And it would have also a link to the Spanish conquistadors, Marco Polo, Columbus (think boats,ships, silk, spices, buddha statues, ...)

Another theme could be The Italian Renaissance, the days of Assassin's Creed to speak,  The doge, Milan, Venice (boats, gondoliers), Firenze ...
Seems they can go all the way as well with the Musketeers, the Louvre, ...
It's not the sword that kills but the Samurai who wields it ...

Offline Emma.J

• Playmo Addict
    • Emma.J Blog page
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2009, 15:40:00 »
I've voted Greek.
I think Klickus Mobilus gave a great list of reasons why. Like him I love the mythology of the period, fancy recreating Hercules or Jason and the argonaunts adventures, as well as the great Spartan armies. It would be wonderful.

I also liked the Idea of the Mayans with their temples but I think it might end up being a very small range compared to the Greek possibilities. that and i always think of blood sacrifice with them! >:D

I'm also a fan of the Oriental theme both Chinese and Japanese, Terracotta warriors or Samurais? What beautiful looking armies and the buildings would be amazing.

How about the wonders of the world range?
They could be special items to complement the existing and new ranges.Not only the original seven but a few other incredible structures as well maybe.
I'd love to see the Parthenon and the Trojan horse, the Hanging Gardens and Himeji Castle.

Emma
Improvise, adapt, overcome ..... If all else fails FAKE IT!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2009, 19:17:50 »
I have voted for Greek and -guess- i am greek  ;D ;D ;D ;D

The statues and pillars of the roman  arena is what i like to think as a  prelude of things to come. Would love to see Spartans and Athenians and Corinthians and Thiebians all with ther dinstincive colours and helmets , shiny silver and gold armour , philoshopher's , athenian homes, agora - shops etc etc

Apart from that , from the new themes such as the dragon sets and the jungle sets it is clear to me that playmobil has a more in tuned with today's trends approach .. in line with this i thing the Greek theme could do well, e .g they could make a hercules and monsters and his 12 trioumphs etc etc . lots can be done here , greek history is vast  ;D ;D

PM i can be your consultant historian free of change for a few thousand klickies .....  :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2009, 07:55:31 »
I'm looking forward to the "Hercules and the Augean Stables" playset!  8}

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2009, 04:30:24 »
I'm looking forward to the "Hercules and the Augean Stables" playset!  8}

:lol: :lol: :lol:
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2009, 18:38:19 »
Simply civilian Romans (including houses, and tabernae ;D ) will do, thanks! :xholly:

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline stadswache

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2009, 15:13:05 »
About asian...

Check this out

http://www.macgayverplaymobil.be/0000%20Wolfsburg%202009/0013%20china.htm

this look really nice...

Richard
Its not about your choices, its about the chances you take, that makes the future.