Author Topic: PCFD HR127 equipment storage, & custom rescue tool arsenal.  (Read 3554 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
I have been asked to show how the Playmobil City Fire Department Districts 1, & 2 Heavy Rescue Units HR127, & HR227 are equipped, & what types of rescue tools are included in their rescue tool arsenal. This is a photo documentary showing the answers to those questions. The tools carried by both of these rescue trucks include; a TJW industries rock drill with different bits, flashing caution lamps, a full range of TJW Industries small, medium, & large hydraulic lifting jacks, a full arsenal of TJW Industries heavy duty hydraulic powered rescue spreaders, cutters, & pullers, a complete set of WHB Rescue Equipment Systems USA extra small, small, medium, & large lifting air bags with a medium, & large leak sealing air bag kit, 2 large grey tool chests full of various hand tools, 1 complete set of color coded hydraulic hoses with splitter manifold, 1 set of color coded air supply hoses with air flow control boxes, & splitter hoses, 1 WHB Rescue Equipment System USA circular blade cutting saw, 1 chain saw, 1 large trailer drawer storing larger hand tools shovels etc. Both trucks are equipped with 1 front large 80,000 lb, hydraulic cable winch, 1 telescopic spot lamp system, 1 on board lap top computer, 1 on board diesel air supply compressor, 1 on board diesel PTO hydraulic pump, 1 on board diesel electrical supply generator, 2 on board hose reel systems, 1 for hydraulic supply, & 1 for air supply. The trailers that are always connected to the trucks have additional hose reels, & lighting systems. I hope you enjoy the updated photos of these rescue units in the PCFD fleet.

Left side over view of HR127 with attached equipment trailer.

Right side over view of HR127 with attached equipment trailer.

Front compartment equipment contents.

TJW Industries small, medium, & large hydraulic lifting jack sets.

TJW Industries rock drill with extra bits, & flashing caution lamps.

Telescopic scene spot lamp, & roof top small hand tool storage boxes.

Rear compartment contents.

Left view of the on board diesel hydraulic pump control panel.

Right view of on board diesel electrical generator, & air supply compressor control panel.

View of roof, & rear compartment storage boxes.

Storage boxes for color coded hydraulic, air supply hoses, & controls.

A close up view.

Right side view of attached rescue equipment trailer contents.

Large slide out drawer with large hand tools.

All sizes of WHB Rescue Equipment Systems GEN SEVEN air bags in storage.

A view of WHB Rescue Equipment Systems circular blade rescue saw, standard chain saw, & air bag system picture.

Another view.

Left side view of rescue equipment trailer contents.

Left side view of slide out drawer containing TJW Industries heavy duty hydraulic rescue spreaders, cutters, & pulling tools.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 21:18:06 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
Re: PCFD HR127 equipment storage, & custom rescue tool arsenal.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 08:12:49 »
Hello Bill,

Thank you very much for sharing your pictures with us. Its allways interesting to see other fire services equipment load outs. I am glad that you have been able to find a vehicle suitably large enough to carry all of your new rescue equipment. I really do like your custom air bag's, air lines and controller's. I also noticed that you were able to make the manifold! If you were able to make that I think you can make anything by now Bill :wow:, it was quite a tricky little thing to make. Unfortunately some of my projects are going to be limited by what is available at DS or what has been discontinued. They also tend to improve the design of some of their parts making them less usefull for customising in the new form. As soon as I get a bit of free time I will be looking at developing some new tool's and exploring more concepts.
On a final note Bill, what sticker sheet did you use for the pump bay ? I am having a bit of trouble finding it on PlaymoDB, I think its one I haven't used before.

Tim :wave:

(28/5/03/850)

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
    • Playmobil Fire Department
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 22:03:07 »
This is great Bill...

I really like how you have changed the color to white and the storage looks great.

It's a really good job, Bill.

- Ben

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 17:09:18 »
That is a great bit of documentary work Bill, everything is so well thought through and organized! I never tire of seeing Tim W's tools and jacks and your air bags, they are all so well done! :wow: Thanks also for the explanation of the tools, that always helps put things in context.

Gepetto

Offline marco_snijder

• Playmo Pal
    • Sawyersplaymobil, the adventures of a little redcoat
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 05:30:58 »
Nice as always!!

I like that your troops always carry a realistic set of gear with them...
Batten down the hatches! Weigh anchor and hoist the mizzen!
The adventures of a little redcoat...READ THE STORY!!