Author Topic: Blister Packs I want  (Read 3870 times)

Offline Donmobil

• Playmo Fanatic
Blister Packs I want
« on: April 26, 2009, 15:48:56 »
I would like to see a blister pack of artillery from the Western theme.  It should include the standard cannon barrel, rammer, bucket, carraige, wheels and whatever else needed including a set of six cannon balls and tray.  I would even settle for it to be non-firing.

I would also like to see a casson set for the above, with or without horses.

I would like to see a 2-figure pack of the Redcoat soldiers, preferably the two in dark hair, but without shoulder rank markings, I have enough non-coms.

A 2-pack of Romans, one would be one of the Warriors from set 7880; and the other the Roman Archer.

A 2-pack of the Blue coated soldiers in white pants.  Another 2-pack of the Blue coated soldiers, one being an Officer the other a soldier with musket and bayonet, plus the hand held drum piece so that he could be either a Drummer or a regular soldier.  To give the Redcoats trouble.

Maybe a 2-pack of brown soldiers for the Redcoats and Blue coats to fuss over.

A blister with a cavalry and horse figure in Redcoat, Bluecoat, etc., regular cavalry and/or Officer.

A 2-pack Spanish soldier set.  One or both should have the armor chest plate both with musket.  Another with an Officer plus a Drummer/soldier.

A 2-pack Arabian soldier set from the Egyptian theme, or do a Saracen 2-pack for the Crusaders to worry over.

A 2-pack Mexican Bandits from the Specials.

A 2-pack set with the 'fat' monk and another 'slender' monk.

A re-issue of set 3749, I want steers, a cattle drive.

A re-issue of the Western Theme buildings, and a re-issue of the Medieval buildings such as the Bakery, etc..

Oh, I can think of more...

-- Donmobil

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
Re: Blister Packs I want
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 16:11:38 »
Or how about just having the ability to order all of these things through a new and improved on-line Direct Service?  Ultimately that would be a simpler way to satisfy (almost) all such desires. 

U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Amd

• Amdnrao
  • Playmo Lover
  • back to middle earth
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 17:05:30 »
who doesn't want to see those blisers packs??? :lol: :lol:

i guess is a good playmobil thecnic to give us what we want, i can assure we gona have interesting blisters in the future...

patience...

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 19:40:58 »
I'd definitely be on board for at least 1-20 of all those blisters!
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 22:57:18 »

Or how about just having the ability to order all of these things through a new and improved on-line Direct Service?  Ultimately that would be a simpler way to satisfy (almost) all such desires. 

Maybe someday, Anne ...  :)9

As Playmobil becomes more and more automated, there is a possibility that in the not too distant future we might be able to order (maybe even design) exactly what we want.

However, there is a psychological downside associated with being able to get whatever we want whenever we want it. The "sense of urgency" is removed. What this means to a manufacturer is that consumers have no immediate need to buy their products. The reason is quite obvious. With the "sense of urgency" removed, consumers know that they can get whatever they want whenever they want it. Therefore, the purchase can be delayed almost indefinitely which could make a venture of this type potentially unprofitable.

But, we can dream, Anne ...  :klickywink:

All the best,
Richard

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 07:49:43 »

However, there is a psychological downside associated with being able to get whatever we want whenever we want it. The "sense of urgency" is removed. What this means to a manufacturer is that consumers have no immediate need to buy their products. The reason is quite obvious. With the "sense of urgency" removed, consumers know that they can get whatever they want whenever they want it. Therefore, the purchase can be delayed almost indefinitely which could make a venture of this type potentially unprofitable.

I hadn't thought of that, but you are right!  If I think that a set or an item is going to be discontinued soon, I buy it as soon as possible.  There are some items that don't seem on the way out, so I don't order them.   :hmm:
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 13:56:47 »

. . . As Playmobil becomes more and more automated, there is a possibility that in the not too distant future we might be able to order (maybe even design) exactly what we want.

But, we can dream, Anne ...  :klickywink:

All the best,
Richard

Hi Richard!   :wave:

I would not expect Playmobil to make available any and every part that they've ever produced (at least not until 3D imaging and fabrication is perfected  ;) ) but they certainly could expand Direct Service to better accomodate the needs of the adult fan base in the manner that LEGO has done. 

Your comments about the "sense of urgency" are thought-provoking.  I think it depends on what people's motivations are.  For example, if the motivation is to create a particular type of army or a medieval village or a roman city, then I think that having the raw materials readily available for purchase would lead to increased sales of those items because making those items available serves a consumer need (whether any of us really "need" Playmobil stuff is outside the scope of this particular discussion!  ;) :lol:)   If the motivation is the frantic urge to buy up scarce goods, whether it's Playmobil rarities, or particular beanie babies, or any "scarce" commodity, then the sense of urgency is certainly lessened if there is a ready supply of that commodity.

In my opinion, the first case is about "seeing a need and filling it" which is the most basic concept of creating and running a successful business.  The very best companies with long term success tend to have this concept at the core of their business plan.  The second case is all about "marketing" which too often means persuading people to buy things they don't really need.  Companies that only follow that concept may do well for a while but don't necessarily succeed over the long term.

Playmobil has the choice to examine their corporate culture and make some changes for the better.  Whether or not they do it is up to them. 

U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 15:04:14 »

Hello, Anne ...  :wave:

Playmobil has the choice to examine their corporate culture and make some changes for the better.  Whether or not they do it is up to them. 

Amen. And, let's hope they're reading this and the topic that Bill Blackhurst started, especially where you responded about the Jake McKee video !!!

All the best,
Richard

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 21:04:32 »
I understand the sense of urgency argument, but my own sense of urgency has diminished somewhat since old figures started coming out in blister packs.