Author Topic: Geobra redundancies and outsourcing, restructuring Playmobil (Autumn 2023)  (Read 10219 times)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
I just noticed that the Finish (Finland) pm site is closed (!!) and has the following message (https://cloud.email.playmobil.com/ShopUpdate-fi)

Attention PLAYMOBIL enthusiasts! We regret to inform you that the official PLAYMOBIL website and webshop are no longer available. However, we have exciting news for you! You can now find a wide range of PLAYMOBIL toys online at our trusted retailers.
What a polite way to say "you're on your own".

Do European shops typically stock items from the plus or history ranges? A lot of places around the world don't seem to making it difficult for potential customers to access these things outside of the official webstores.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
That statement is a good example of someone pretending bad news is actually good! (Politicians try that stunt all the time)
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
Do European shops typically stock items from the plus or history ranges?

As far as I know, no-where outside of the Fun-parks sells the Plus Ranges.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Many moons ago we in the Bay Area had local Brick & Mortar shops that had bins full of Add-Ons

Most of the Brick & Mortar shops have vanished lately

I do not recall ever seeing any Plus items on Amazon or similar sites
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
As far as I know, no-where outside of the Fun-parks sells the Plus Ranges.
Thanks, I'm not surprised either. So no access to an official site means no easy access to a lot of the collectible sets. I don't understand why these sets aren't an official theme especially as they're now in boxes.

I sometimes wonder if Geobra isn't in partnership with ebay.

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
I've seen the odd add-on on Amazon, at a markup.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
“The production of capital goods, a key indicator of long-term investment, witnessed a substantial 0.8% drop across the EU in November. According to Ludovic Voet, confederal secretary of the European Trade Union Confederation, “these figures are a canary in a coal mine: the biggest hit is in long-term investments in buildings and equipment.”

Not a Geobra only problem

Hang in there playmobil
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
"The Playmobil toy brand is turning 50 and wants to realign itself to mark its anniversary. “We are now strategically repositioning ourselves,” said Playmobil board member Bahri Kurter to the German Press Agency in Nuremberg. To this end, Playmobil wants to increasingly appeal to small children with toys made from plant-based plastics, as well as young people and adults with collectible figures of celebrities, for example.

A knight, a construction worker and an Indian were the first figures presented by toy producer Horst Brandstätter on February 2, 1974 at the Toy Fair in Nuremberg. This is exactly where the toy brand from Zirndorf in Central Franconia is celebrating its milestone anniversary from Tuesday . A Playmobil stamp will also be released in March.

3.8 billion Playmobil figures have been manufactured in the past 50 years and are available in more than 100 countries. Nevertheless, things haven't been going so well for the traditional brand lately. The parent company, the Horst Brandstätter Group, is cutting 700 jobs worldwide after two economically difficult years with losses in sales and profits."

From stern.de via 'Playmobil in the News' and Google Translate
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
collectible figures of celebrities

:no:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Alex4420

• Playmo Enthusiast
Taylor Swift klickys aren't going to save PM. I actually found a local toy store last weekend with some PM... took a hard look at some of the newer lines and thought, What is this junk? The Dino Rise sets are the worst, with packaging that doesn't make it clear what it is or how it fits in with the overall theme... the Wiltopia sets look even weirder when placed up against traditional Playmo plastic sets, they almost seem like a different company's products... PM needs to cut the fat, reinvigorate its blue lines and THEN work on "what's next."