Author Topic: 5250 Outlaw Hideout  (Read 8974 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: 5250 Outlaw Hideout
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 07:19:32 »
I'm trying hard to resist putting all teh new western sets on my wishlist... You're not helping - be advised my wallet has blacklisted you ;)

I wonder if the woman looks ok without the vest. I'm not a fan of the things...

Must have that shotgun.. and the fire looks nice too.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 07:41:53 »
Thank you so much for this lovely review and pics bb !!! Double barrel shotgun looks very tasty . So happy wetsern is making a comeback , colors are prev mentioned are not so much to my liking but all together a set that reminds me of the good old playmo days ( early - mid 90s )  :love: :love: :love:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 08:34:15 »
Very nice set indeed.
Thanks a lot for the review bb.

George.
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 10:31:06 »
Tahra, I was wondering how she'd look without the vest too. I may see if I can find some appropriately colored sleeves and try her without it. I'll post a picture when I do.

My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2012, 14:46:49 »
Interesting set. I think maybe the rope is fuse for the dynamite?

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 15:09:03 »
Tahra, I was wondering how she'd look without the vest too. I may see if I can find some appropriately colored sleeves and try her without it. I'll post a picture when I do.

Great minds think alike  ;D  ;D

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 16:20:24 »
Thanks for the review, Bonnie, of an interesting set.

I agree about the colours - they are a bit garish.

The woman and the man with the top hat look like they could have come from a Charles Dickens novel, so they would fit in with the Victorian theme to add a bit of the underbelly of the times.

I'm glad to see the wooden crate back - could I have part numbers, please, Bonnie? - it makes good luggage for the steam train.  The printing can always be removed or painted over.

BTW, they these sets limited to the US? - I can't see them in the UK 2012 catalogue.

EDIT: the hanging plant appeared in the 3664 beach lifeguard set as seaweed.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2012, 17:59:30 »
Great set, although I will stick to just admiring the pictures since theres no room for a third theme.  :)

About that crate though, it's also in a recent pirate set, the one with the katana wielding pirate. The one in that set is very light brown and the lid also comes off, and its also sturdier than the classic one like you said so I assume its the same aside from this one being a different color and having some printing.

A great chest though, very versatile and a nice change from the many rather fancy looking chests.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2012, 18:44:54 »

About that crate though, it's also in a recent pirate set, the one with the katana wielding pirate. The one in that set is very light brown and the lid also comes off, and its also sturdier than the classic one like you said so I assume its the same aside from this one being a different color and having some printing.

That's useful to know.  Thanks for mentioning it.   :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2012, 19:50:39 »
Thanks for the review bb, I've meanwhile got me myself this set too  :)

I like the klickies, especially the badguy with the longcoat ("Doc Holliday"?) and "Calamity Jane". (but I've already altered them  to a late 18th-century highwayrobber and a female citizen respectively... :-[ )

The crate is indeed not new, it came in many sets before but in different colours. The one with the attached lid is the oldest version, which dates back to the 70s/80s.

The plastic of the rockformation is again thinner as was the case some years ago.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!