Author Topic: Playmobil Color is back  (Read 815 times)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
Playmobil Color is back
« on: October 25, 2023, 04:07:22 »
Just got a sales email from .us, read 'em and weep (or rejoice)

https://www.playmobil.us/shop-online/shop/color

The PLAYMOBIL Color series is back with CRAYOLA, after 45 years – more colorful than ever! Five new sets with white base figures so children can create their own masterpieces over and over again. A vibrant playtime that promotes creativity and fine motor skills!
Explore now
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Playmobil Color is back
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2023, 07:25:30 »
But this time with washable colors...

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2023, 12:28:49 »
I think the washable colors is a good idea. An easier sell to parents. It's a good concept, and gives us more white pieces which is nice for collectors. I would prefer more totally white items, but it's a start. Interestingly there are no animals at all in the series so far. I would have expected at least one dog.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2023, 03:06:58 »
I also was a bit confused on all the pre printed parts

It’s a welcomed addition but more white please
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2023, 13:28:47 »
I think Freya would love to create her own dress designs.

This has also made me deep-dive into the online shop catalogue and I've come across the re-issue of the theater set with all those beautiful clickies (this is completely unrelated, I just meant to tell you that you are costing me money)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2023, 02:44:52 »
I think Freya would love to create her own dress designs.

This has also made me deep-dive into the online shop catalogue and I've come across the re-issue of the theater set with all those beautiful clickies (this is completely unrelated, I just meant to tell you that you are costing me money)

I did notice this on the UK site, but I wonder if it's a reissue or if they found some unsold stock? Anyway, while I like the set, it is £60 in the UK which is a bit steep.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2023, 14:10:18 »
I did notice this on the UK site, but I wonder if it's a reissue or if they found some unsold stock? Anyway, while I like the set, it is £60 in the UK which is a bit steep.

yikes  :(o): It's € 59,99 here, so £ 52,33. So not much better. I remember it felt expensive even when it first got issued. I think it's because I'm not actually interested in the theater itself  :lol:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2023, 06:17:11 »
I like the idea of the Color sets (although I think Crayola will smudge), but I'm not excited by those particular sets. Hopefully, they'll release some others.

I did notice this on the UK site, but I wonder if it's a reissue or if they found some unsold stock?
I wondered about that too. I'm leaning towards unsold stock because it's a strange choice for a re-release. I bought it on sale some years back because the figures are awesome. The theater itself is a giant storage device. It's not particularly aesthetic, and as an adult, I don't need the take-along feature.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2023, 11:07:58 »
yikes  :(o): It's € 59,99 here, so £ 52,33. So not much better. I remember it felt expensive even when it first got issued. I think it's because I'm not actually interested in the theater itself  :lol:

That's the problem - the figures are great but the theatre itself is nothing interesting. When I was a kid I had a Pollocks Toy Theatre that did for my Playmobil - something like that would be a dream!

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2023, 12:55:32 »
As I've commented elsewhere, the theatre is a failure because there is no mechanism to manipulate the klickies while they are on stage - you have to put your hand in, inevitable knocking everything over. You can't do shows with it.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman: