Author Topic: Playmobil TUNISIA  (Read 1489 times)

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
Playmobil TUNISIA
« on: July 02, 2022, 23:12:24 »
I notice that 2022 packaging carries the new phrase "components made in Germany, Malta and Tunisia" where previously it said "made in Germany", "made in Malta" or, occasionally, other countries. I don't remember Tunisia ever appearing on Playmobil packaging, so believe it is a new location. Is more known about this branch? Is it a factory actually producing parts, or could it be that just the assembly of figures was moved to low-wage Africa, with parts supplied from Malta (and perhaps Germany)?

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Playmobil TUNISIA
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2022, 03:15:36 »
Very interesting, I am not finding anything about it anywhere online.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2022, 10:59:26 »
I've noticed this on a few packages lately too. Perhaps it is related to the packaging itself though; so far, I've only seen it on packages for Playmo-Friends like the ones you show and DuoPacks that use the new blister style (moulded around the figures instead of two separate pieces, one moulded around the figures and one large flat piece).

I also haven't seen anything that mentioned the change though.
~Pynedor~

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2022, 13:21:41 »
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2022, 21:26:05 »
The Faun 70815 is "made in Malta and Tunisia". What does Tunisia contribute: plastic packaging and/or assembly?

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2022, 22:45:40 »
The Faun 70815 is "made in Malta and Tunisia". What does Tunisia contribute: plastic packaging and/or assembly?

I'm not sure, but the packaging seems likely considering the kinds of sets that have had these markings.
~Pynedor~

Offline tiger1983uk

• The Lurker
  • Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2022, 11:35:35 »
I believe some of the Schleich Animals are made Tunisia, so it could mean some of the moldings are now made there.
"It seemed like a good idea at the time"