General > News

The revival of the Victorian theme (2022)!

<< < (3/51) > >>

Ismene:
I'm surprised they decided to revive the theme with almost identical sets. Personally, I'm not that excited because I have all these sets, and some of them (like the bedrooms) I have both versions. It's the smaller 'street' sets where I have gaps. I might get the new bedroom anyway because the brown is lovely. I kind of wish they recolored all of them, especially the kitchen and bathroom. I have two houses and only enough plumbing for one, lol. Maybe it'll become easier to get window parts to finish the FAO mini house.

The floral print in the bathroom was originally printed. They trimmed baby's hair. The original baby looks more Victorian.

Bolingbroke:
Hehe strange they aren’t retconning the victorian theme with more modern values  ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

playmofire:
So, Playmobil plus may be is going to be partly a collectors' range?

GrahamB:

--- Quote from: Ismene on November 13, 2021, 03:58:49 ---...It's the smaller 'street' sets where I have gaps.

--- End quote ---

We can only hope!

--- Quote from: Ismene on November 13, 2021, 03:58:49 ---They trimmed baby's hair.

--- End quote ---

The original baby was a girl. The modern one is non-binary. So you aren't quite correct about modernisation, Bolingbroke!

Oliver:

--- Quote from: Macruran on November 13, 2021, 03:20:09 ---Do all the rooms fit in the large house I wonder? If my calculations are right they do if both children's bedrooms go in the attic (seen and not heard!  ;D)

--- End quote ---

Once the bathroom was released, there was always a bit of a problem about fitting all the room sets into the house.

The parents bedroom really has to be in the attic unless you remove the stairs. When they first re-issued the furniture sets (1997?) was when they split the nursery into two sets, which might have been to provide enough room sets for 5300+the extension. As a child I used to sometimes use the bathroom sets to divide the attic into two rooms.

I have the original furniture sets mostly, so I might get the white nursery sets. I also think my Victorian Wedding 5339 has a broken chair, so it's useful that the white chair is back in that set (if the UK ever gets spare parts again...)

It's a shame the Study 5310 didn't make the cut - the bureau in that set is a lovely piece.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version