Author Topic: 4218 - S.W.A.T. Carry Case  (Read 3430 times)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
4218 - S.W.A.T. Carry Case
« on: March 22, 2008, 17:53:39 »
This carry case appears to be a US Target exclusive, but Timotheos kindly sent me the contents of two of them. For me this is one of the best Carry case figures so far and has a lot of cool gear with lots of adaptable uses, so it's a shame they don't even have it on the Playmobil US site. It may be because of the slightly violent theme.

First off the figure: Part 30 00 5132

The Hats:
Black helmet 30 27 2140 + visor 30 27 2150
Headset 30 21 4410 + microphone 30 04 9980
Blue Police baseball cap 30 63 0912
Black Police Peaked Cap  30 09  0392

The Gear:

In surveillance mode:

Filming the riot (you only get one figure in the set):

The Box: The shoulder strap is a tad short but a new hole could be pierced.

The Bike: The lights are just stickers which is a tad disappointing. The two empty clips under the headlights give a slightly unfinished look, but might be used for storing the nightstick and torch.

The two boxes clip onto the bike to give it a nice beefy look - more useful than the fake boxes on the current police bike.

Unfortunately the dimensions of the boxes prevent almost anything actually being stored in them. The film camera on the left, and laptop computer on the right, just don't quite allow the lids to lock closed.

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
Re: 4218 - S.W.A.T. Carry Case
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 18:44:28 »
. . . For me this is one of the best Carry case figures so far and has a lot of cool gear with lots of adaptable uses, so it's a shame they don't even have it on the Playmobil US site. . . .

I'll have to take another look at these figures!  I hadn't paid much attention to them because the carry cases don't interest me, but this one has some very cool accessories.  BTW, I think that it will appear on playmobil.com after a period of time, just as previous Target sets have done - they are called "exclusives" for a reason!  ;)
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 00:10:08 »

Hello, Martin ...  :wave:

Thanks for the excellent review of the pieces that Timmy sent to you! (Wonder if Timmy will review the rest of the set?)

And, as Anne wrote,

BTW, I think that it will appear on playmobil.com after a period of time, just as previous Target sets have done - they are called "exclusives" for a reason!  ;)

As we can all imagine, Target is no doubt very interested in keeping that exclusivity as long as they can ...  ;D

All the best,
Richard

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 09:24:24 »
(Wonder if Timmy will review the rest of the set?)

The rest of the set is just the carry case.

I can review one of those if you haven't seen one yet, they're all the same except the colours.

As Anne said, the carry cases don't interest me, but the contents of some of them do.