Author Topic: Three Super 4 Figures  (Read 5903 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Three Super 4 Figures
« on: August 02, 2015, 22:29:51 »
I bought these three figures from a Maltese ebay seller. Playmobil have already issued promotional pictures of the Super 4 sets and these look very much like 3 of the 21 figures in those pictures. The Super 4 sets are due to be released later this year.

I speculated on the number of klickies in the Super 4 sets and their hair and beard styles here

The three figures I have: Dr.X, Pirate with Cannon Arm and Sharkbeard.

Here are details of each figure.
Dr. X

The face is printed, with a lopsided mouth and a monacle over the left eye. The collar, torso and legs have light blue trim. The arms I have are plain white. Torso printing is interesting with trim aound left armhole and not right. The BEST BIT...

(that is not a set of dentures, but the underside of the hairpiece!)

The hair is removable but leaves Dr.X with only half a brain! Sorry cheng, not really a bald-headed klicky! The hair piece slides in and out of the slot at the back of the head quite easily. The slot in the head is narrower on the right to act as a clip which the hairpiece snaps into. I wonder if they will make other colours?

The other parts of Dr. X seem standard. Internal skeleton shown front and back, for those aficionados of such things!

Pirate Guy (I don't know if he has a name in the TV series)

All standard parts, including the hair and beard. Torso printing includes a brown patch below the right arm (which is brown) but no printing below the left arm (which is white).

That left arm is weird, ending as a cannon. The cannon part is not removable, it doesn't twist, it has no firing mechanism and the hole in the end looks hexagonal:

It isn't clear to me if anything fits in the end, or if this is like that similar case of Pooh Bear Got His Head (hand) Stuck In The Honey Jar (cannon thing) And Could Not Get It Off.

Sharkbeard

All fairly standard parts again, with a fat torso and legs. The new hair is like an Afro with space for a hat and the beard resembles a shark's tooth. I like both.

Now the weirdest part, the biomechanical telescopic eyeball!

Seen from above with the hair removed:

The telescope thing is quite easy to slide in and out and has little flanges to make it difficult to remove altogether (though if you did, Sharkbeard could at least promise he will 'keep an eye out for you'!)

All in all three nice figures with some interesting, if rather weird, new features.

Edit: resized pictures
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 08:33:21 by GrahamB »
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
Re: Three Super 4 Figures
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 22:45:34 »
Thanks for the close look!

Yeah all three have something different about them. I never would have thought the grey hair came off and left a hole!  The cannon arm is ...odd, but I guess that's how it is in the show.  The telescope eye is kinda cool!

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 00:01:45 »
The telescopic eye clearly adumbrates a steampunk theme.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 00:46:45 »
OMG!
Hans Beck must be rolling in his grave ...  8}
What are they doing to our beloved Playmobil?
Where are our Klickys that with just a few clicks could be a fireman, or a cowboy, or a knight?
Guess those "simple days" are gone forever ...  :'(

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 00:53:01 »
Richard, please join Birdie and me in the Grumpy Resisters fraction of Playmofandom. THE OLD WAYS ARE THE BEST.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 03:50:50 »
Thanks for the review of the weird new klickies

The playmo system is being phased out for marketing gimmicks
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 06:21:50 »
Thanks for the detailed review, Graham, I was looking forward to this!

The playmo system is being phased out for marketing gimmicks

Welcome to the Grumpy Resisters fraction of Playmofandom, glad to have you aboard.

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 06:52:05 »
Thanks for your very clear review, GrahamB!!

From cost n mould maintanance point of view, I think they should replace the head of their design team.....how often can they reuse that head with eye hole??? Maybe the head with the back brain lobes missing can be reused but that's nothing compared to a more common head mould....however, if their Financial Controller takes over, we might not see any new parts....so I'm complaining and yet not complaining  :'(

Geobra, make a half-shaven samurai head....since u "throw away" moulds like these everyday....but GrahamB, I like challenges, I'll try to make a samurai out of this mentally challenged professor but his monocle again makes him too unique
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 10:17:11 by cheng »

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 08:10:25 »
Thank you so much for the detailed pics :)   I am expecting a couple of super 4 klickys too, but they should take a while, and nothing that new - just one of the molded hairs...

I am VERY surprised (in a good way) that the hair is removable.

And I had no idea Sharkbeard is a fat guy...

Still no new bodies around...

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 08:35:54 »
just one of the molded hairs...

Even so..  :picsplz:
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)