Author Topic: Maisie and Fred's Excellent Adventure (comments thread)  (Read 32399 times)

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
Re: Maisie and Fred's Excellent Adventure (comments thread)
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2010, 18:01:32 »
Yup, that was it.

Rather than having one figure that we sent around the world to each other, with the difficult and expense involved and the risk of losing the figure, we thought it might be fun to select an cheap and easily acquired DS set that anyone interested could buy, and include them in some travel pictures.

Sadly it seems the set is no longer available, so there are a limited number of Maisie and Freds around.

Why an old couple? Old couples are inherently funny.

yes!!!!! i rememeber the set on the ds. this was smart   ;)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2010, 18:05:00 »
(And seriously ...)

This was a set we imagined were going to be available for a while.
Also, we thought that, once they're retired, they would have thought to have enough time, now, to run around the world, and spend a little of their life savings ...

(These are the two main reasons I recall.)

Gus
:blackhair:

well if they were a couple from greece with 400 euro pension i don't think they could travel at all :'(
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2010, 18:20:54 »

Why an old couple? Old couples are inherently funny.

When Richard reads that, I guess you won't get your club badge and goody bag.  :lol:

Actually, Gordon, I think that Martin may have meant it as a compliment ...  :klickygrin:

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2010, 14:53:39 »
(Splendid time of Fred & Masie with Skypurr!) :love:

:wave:

Gus
Gus

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2010, 15:10:08 »
(Splendid time of Fred & Masie with Skypurr!) :love:

:wave:

Gus

Yes indeed, thank you Skypurr for a wonderful tour of the John Paul Jones Museum with Maisie & Fred. Very informative, and well photographed, and you captured the spirit of the M&F visit wonderfully! I regret not visiting this museum the time I holidayed with my parents in Kirkcudbright.

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2010, 15:24:39 »
Marvelous job indeed Skypurr.

I would really love to take M&F out some time as well but they are not very easy to get a hold of these days I am afraid.

What owuld be the easiest way to get a hold of this lovely couple?

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2010, 21:49:30 »
Thank you, Elaine, for an interesting and entertaining tour of the museum and cottage.   :wave:    Maisie and Fred came across John Paul Jones briefly when they visited Flambrough Head with me and Diane in an earlier adventure which included going up the lighthouse.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #97 on: June 01, 2010, 22:53:36 »
  Maisie and Fred came across John Paul Jones briefly when they visited Flambrough Head with me and Diane in an earlier adventure which included going up the lighthouse.
Because Sandy was working at the museum I had to open our lighthouse today for a party of schoolchildren and was going to take Maisie and Fred with me but when I got to the top I realised I'd forgotten to pick them up! 
I decided to wait for another time - My knees couldn't stand another trip up 66 stairs  :lol:

Elaine

A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #98 on: June 02, 2010, 05:47:08 »
Because Sandy was working at the museum I had to open our lighthouse today for a party of schoolchildren and was going to take Maisie and Fred with me but when I got to the top I realised I'd forgotten to pick them up! 
I decided to wait for another time - My knees couldn't stand another trip up 66 stairs  :lol:

Elaine

Next time Ealine!!! And thank you for the nice trip to John Paul Jones museum!!! What an interesting piece of history and information!!! and the pictures of course, were marvelous!!!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #99 on: June 02, 2010, 06:32:27 »

Elaine

Having a lighthouse of your own must keep you fit with all those stairs.

It must be very annoying if you get into bed and then find you have to go back to the top of the lighthouse because you've forgotten to turn the light off!   :lol:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”