General > Brainstorming For Playmobil

Playmobil collaboration with zoo’s

(1/2) > >>

Eplay:
We’ve just booked a 5 day vacation to a lodge in a safari themed park/zoo in the Netherlands. I’m probably going to gift my kids some safari animals I already have (instead of buying souvenirs).
This got me thinking. I really dislike all the souvenirs they always have in the zoo shops. All those stuffed animals, not so cheap trinkets, mugs and keychains. (Except for books, I love books).
Why doesn’t playmobil collaborate with different zoo's? Each zoo has their own special animals. (In the Netherlands the gorilla Bokito was famous). When a baby elephant e.g. gets born it’s always in the news. They can sell animal sets at the zoo and make it a special. Put the zoo logo on the packaging and make a poster (special edition to celebrate the birth of …..) and voila.
It’s not like they haven’t done collaborations like this before. The Rijksmuseum has a long standing collaboration that we love.
https://www.rijksmuseumshop.nl/nl/kinderen/playmobil

Let me know what you think.

GrahamB:
Excellent idea! We don't go to zoos much, or 'Safari Parks' as they are often called in the UK, but one thing they have in common seems to be massive Gift Shops, as you said. I don't recall ever seeing PM animals for sale. Even without a special promo, it would be possible for them to sell the individually-packed Wiltopia beasts.

Macruran:
I guess the only counterargument would be that you can't really sell different instances of the same animal, there's only one PM elephant, one gorilla, etc. So you couldn't have Bokito and also Harambe (or whoever). Maybe paint jobs?

Oliver:
I've definitely seen generic Playmobil zoo sets in real zoo gift shops

Birdie:
Yes, our Zoo in Antwerp has a few big Playmobil safari sets, and also some Schleich ones.
I've often wondered why they don't carry an elaborate Playmobil animals assortment, but I think they chose plastic Schleich animals instead (they're not in any packaging).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version