Author Topic: The Mammoth-hunters  (Read 10768 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: The Mammoth-hunters
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2011, 01:38:30 »
I hoping this will come to TRU this year like the new zoo and treasure hunter theme came last year.

That would be very great and even better if they made some mixed up new sets as exclusives. I will be able to wait as I always have and getting them early in the US also might complicate all the other sets I really really need
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2011, 01:41:11 »
Yeah, I always wait. You pay waaaay too much for sets when you buy them ahead of time on ebay.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2011, 02:27:18 »
We went to a TRU Express tonight and they had NO Playmobil at all, but they had plenty of a knock-off brand that was a horrible copy of Playmobil, but I could find the brand name  ???
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2011, 05:52:07 »
One of the nicest Playmo-themes I've ever seen, can't wait for it to be released-great customizing possibilities too, and finally some companions for all those old "caveman" specials I've got! :)
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2011, 14:17:19 »
We went to a TRU Express tonight and they had NO Playmobil at all, but they had plenty of a knock-off brand that was a horrible copy of Playmobil, but I could find the brand name  ???

Could you sneak a picture of them. Try not to have employees see you as I think they do not like people photographing in side of stores for some reason, maybe management thinks you planning a great playmobil heist  :lol: At least I have been told not to before but then I look incriminating and you do not  ;)
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2011, 14:23:39 »
Yeah, I'm always really nervous to take pics of sets in store, afraid I'll get in trouble! So then I look suspicious because I'm looking around nervously. :lol: I've never actually been told to stop, though. But now I have a much bigger camera with a big telescoping lens, instead of a little pocket sized point-and-shoot, so I think it would draw a lot more attention!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2011, 15:16:06 »
Thanks for some wonderful info Ras!

I'm definitely getting this series, I think not to would lead to much regret later on. One good thing about the limited lifespan of many current themes, and I don't see this lasting longer than the Romans or Egyptians, is that you can complete a theme and box it up for safekeeping as a separate unit, and bring it out for play as required.

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2011, 15:16:52 »
We were at a mall out of town.... I should have taken a picture!  :doh: We looked everywhere on the box for a brand name and their wasn't one, but it was obviously a bad rip-off. They even had a Playmobil-like face in the corner of the box. They had both medieval and pirate themes and the box was even blue! I got excited from far away because I thought for a moment that it was Playmobil  :hmm:
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2011, 15:42:24 »
Camera on your phone is best for this sort of photography. It doesn't need to be a high quality shot and a phone isn't going to draw unwanted attention.

Offline berkwit

• Playmo Enthusiast
    • Chain of Dogs thrashfolk
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2011, 17:12:41 »
Great thread!  8-) I think the cavemen are the best new theme in years. Let's hope there will be more of them!   :)