Author Topic: What Would You Like to See in a New Ship?  (Read 17122 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: What Would You Like to See in a New Ship?
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2010, 18:05:19 »
That's cool Bill, but 3286 does not have that, nor little holes on the deck. Anyway, Andy was right. I couldn make the clikies stand today (last night it was very late and clearly I was half asleep  :lol:) if they are standing straight and have nothing in their hands. I don't think that would work while floating though..... But Bill's comment make me wonder if I should customize the poop deck.
 :-\ :-\ :hmm:

Did anybody filled the bathtub up and make your ships taste the waters? or am I going to be the only crazy one tomorrow?  :-[ :-[ :-[

Gaston

The clear tee's secured to the deck are an idea for a huge future compartmentalized ship!
There is one other way of securing standing Klicky's to ships decks without drilling holes or permanent modifications. You can use Blue Tack adhesion putty on their feet. It will come off with out any trouble, but stick them securely to the desired surface.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2010, 18:35:35 »
cool idea Bill. we don't have that kind of putty down here....I'll try to find an equivalent!
Thanx!!!
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2010, 18:43:31 »
cool idea Bill. we don't have that kind of putty down here....I'll try to find an equivalent!
Thanx!!!

You may want to try looking at a school or office supply store. It is blue in color, and used to secure paper notes, or small items to walls or other surfaces. Let me know if you can't find any & maybe I can send you some. Don't tell any body I told you this, but in extreme cases you can always use chewing gum as a last resort, chewed of course! :-X :P
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2010, 19:05:14 »
You may want to try looking at a school or office supply store. It is blue in color, and used to secure paper notes, or small items to walls or other surfaces. Let me know if you can't find any & maybe I can send you some. Don't tell any body I told you this, but in extreme cases you can always use chewing gum as a last resort, chewed of course! :-X :P

:lol: ok thanx! Im sure we don't have that kind of stuff in Argentina, but I'll manage, don't worry. Thanx again!. there's always gum as a last resource  :lol:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...

Offline racerx

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2010, 19:07:30 »
The new ship is far from any vision of what I'd want in a new ship design.  This one really is for kiddies.

You mean, like ages 4+?   :P

Look, I'd like a massive ship-of-the-line as much as anyone, but sometimes I think we lose sight of the fact that we're collecting children's toys, not the other way around.  We can go around and around about collector's clubs or limited editions and whatnot, but at the end of the day Playmobil is a children's toy manufacturer.

My kids absolutely love my 4290, so in that regard our complaints about color, proportion, or rigging are largely moot.  I mean, I'm sure someone out there would like the 7931 vending machine to have separate slots for Coke, Diet Coke, Mountain Dew, and Dr. Pepper, but it's a toy.

We'll never see a 20+ gun ship.  We simply won't.  It's easy for Lego to put a limited model like that out because all the bricks and pieces used are already tooled up; they simply include more in the box.  For Playmobil to bring a ship like that to market they'd have to tool up all new hulls, decks, and umpteen other parts, modular build or not.  I honestly can't see a solid business case for them to do so, much as the small amount of us would love it.

It's fun to think about and wish for, but it doesn't seem very realistic.
Make a fast friend...adopt a greyhound

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2010, 19:14:17 »
yeap...but let's keep dreaming.
I'd like more lower decks....for beds, kitchen, storage and prisioners!!! A pirate cook would be soooooo cool!! mmm Ill do that cook myself. 0)

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2010, 21:36:55 »
If you want to use the clear foothold things, simply drill a hole through the deck.
BTW- It’s the quarterdeck, not the “poopdeck.”

Beds- Racks (or hammocks if you’re using those).
Kitchen- GALLEY.
Storage- Stowage/Holds.
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2010, 23:20:10 »
BTW- It’s the quarterdeck, not the “poopdeck.”

:lol: :lol: Sorry! someone said poop deck and I just repeated!
BTW, a question for the experts..... where would this kind of ships (3286) have boats attached?

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2010, 23:36:06 »

Ditto :shhhh:!

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2010, 23:54:26 »
BTW, a question for the experts..... where would this kind of ships (3286) have boats attached?

boats, as in longboats (row boats?).  Usually such smaller vessels are either hoisted on a 2-arm crane of sorts that extend aft over the stern of the ship, sometimes on either the port or starboard edges of the hull, but mostly I see the ships stowed (sometimes upside down to prevent filling with rainwater) directly on the main deck.

However, on the 3286 there really isn't any room to stow a boat on the main deck.  I think your best bet would be over the stern.  You'd have to fashion a crane arm assembly though.  I did it on my 3050 Interceptor.  Loks cool.

Or to the side, as MacGayver has done:

Otherwise, you can always have the boat in-tow with a mere line to the ship.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 00:21:55 by BlackPearl2006 »
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!