Author Topic: who likes the new ship?  (Read 13361 times)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: who likes the new ship?
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 18:46:22 »
Impressive specimen! Even the colors shown in the picture seem to becoming more exceptable now. Not the Fisher Price looking 4290 one as before IMO. :captain:

yes I agree.... even the box ilustration looks better. It was time for a change there too!  ;)
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 19:08:40 »
Although I only know them from pics (so maybe in the flesh they're much different), why is the 5135 "so much better" then the 4290  ::)?
The 5135 has that huge skull & bones on the sail, which besides being totally inaccurate kills any attempt to transform it in a regular navy ship (unless you get a new sail), also has those fake cannons below deck that from what I understood the general consensus was that they were lame.
So why is this one so much better?
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 21:08:38 »
Most parts - and thus masts and sails - should be interchangeable between the 5135 and the 3940 (US 3286) as the same moulds are used (with perhaps a few small modifications).
Case rests with the (fake) cannons below deck of course, of which we don't yet know if they are removeable or not. I hope so, I'd like to install cannons like on the 3940.
So I think I'll really like the 5135 (mostly nice colours), as much as the 3940 (except if the 5135's cannons look too fake).

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 21:15:54 »
Although I only know them from pics (so maybe in the flesh they're much different), why is the 5135 "so much better" then the 4290  ::)?
The 5135 has that huge skull & bones on the sail, which besides being totally inaccurate kills any attempt to transform it in a regular navy ship (unless you get a new sail), also has those fake cannons below deck that from what I understood the general consensus was that they were lame.
So why is this one so much better?

Well, the 4290's hull is red...doesn't look that good. A hull should be brown, darkgrey or black. The bow-ornament on the 4290 is plain ugly. The 4290 has no guns below deck, it has 4 cannon-barrels (the gun-carriages are fakes and are part of the deck-mould) on the frontdeck (you can pull switches to hide these guns) and a rotating cannon at the aft-deck. So the gun-layout isn't very succesfull either...
The 3940 (US N° 3286) and the 5135 look much more realistic. Ok, there's a skull on one of the 5135's sails but you can just replace that one with another sail.

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 22:32:52 »
Hadoque, in all honesty (except for the silly sail and the gun ports below deck), I do think the 5135 looks better, but that's the impression I have from the pics only.
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 23:35:38 »
If you want to know the differences, you'll have to buy at least one of each (3940 / 4290 / 5135)  ;D
Lame cannons below deck are still better then no cannons below deck at all, so most people already prefer the 5135 over the 4290. When these lame fakes can be exchanged for the real ones like on the 3940, well even better! But yes, to really know we"ll have to wait to see the ship in the flesh..ehrr...wood..doh.. plastic.  ;)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 23:43:39 »
Very true! I look forward to seeing actual reviews showing this new ship! If Playmobil were to change things to be more realistic, the customization possibilities would be very interesting!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2011, 23:46:37 »
I love it! It's going to be my first playmo pirate ship!  :love: I've decided to start collecting these new pirates.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2011, 23:49:42 »
I love it....it looks fantastic  ;D

I love it! It's going to be my first playmo pirate ship!  :love: I've decided to start collecting these new pirates.

That is a big step bonniebeth, you might find yourself collecting ALL the past pirate stuff too  :lol: I'm a little tempted to buy this ship myself.....
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2011, 00:11:23 »
It's going to be my first playmo pirate ship! [/img]
Though I think it's really nice, I'm not sure I want to cross that line  :-\.
Cheers!
Luciano