Author Topic: Brexit Blues  (Read 4743 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Brexit Blues
« on: March 15, 2021, 14:34:37 »
I made a parts order today and when I rang to pay for it, I was told there were issues shipping parts from Germany to the UK, as a result of Brexit. This probably won't be sorted out until mid-April. So I have to wait....  :'(

I didn't vote for it. 8}
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Brexit Blues
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 16:17:42 »
Don't worry, Graham, they are, to quote someone, "teething troubles".  ;)  (This is satire, btw, everyone.)

Seriously, Playmobil is not the only German company (and I should imagine not the only EU country) to cease exporting to the UK.  The G scale train forum I am a member of reports the same problem with German suppliers.

The problem is, and this is a factual statement not a political viewpoint, unnecessary deadlines were set which meant procedures and processes could not be worked out and discussed with those affected by them in advance.

Like you, I didn't vote for it.  I even checked to see if the fact that my father had been born in Ireland would allow me to take Irish citizenship (which wouldn't have avoided these problems but would have had other benefits), but unfortunately the answer was in the negative.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 20:53:31 »
I made a parts order today and when I rang to pay for it, I was told there were issues shipping parts from Germany to the UK, as a result of Brexit. This probably won't be sorted out until mid-April. So I have to wait....  :'(

I didn't vote for it. 8}

They even have issues shipping parts (and sets) to their neighbours next door  ::)
Concerning Brexit, the conspirators made the dissatisfied part of the British public (which had/still has good reasons to be dissatisfied) believe they were part of a conspiracy. Seems to be trendy these days.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 09:32:48 »
The Find Spare Parts service on the Playmobil UK website has been suspended.

"Due to technical reasons we are currently unable to process spare parts orders. Sorry for any inconvenience"

You can still look up parts on the German website to establish availability.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 09:38:18 »
The Find Spare Parts service on the Playmobil UK website has been suspended.

"Due to technical reasons we are currently unable to process spare parts orders. Sorry for any inconvenience"

:o  :'(

I wonder what "currently" means...

I am so afraid they remove that service completely...

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2021, 11:45:31 »
it will be fixed. dont worry. They fixed the TAX problem and now they will fix the other issues too.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 08:45:30 by GrahamB »

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2021, 15:30:17 »
As it is now the middle of April, I contacted Playmobil UK to ask them to fulfill my DS order. The response I got was
"Unfortunately the spare parts service is still unavailable. Sorry, but we do not yet have an estimated date for it's return."

I'm disappointed with geobra Brandstätter. I am going to ask them if they will ship my order to a friend in Germany!

Due to Brexit, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 15:35:44 by GrahamB »

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2021, 17:08:32 »
Due to Brexit, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

That could be funny... but isn't :(

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2021, 09:18:46 »
Latest:
"We do apologise that our spare parts service is temporarily not available this is due to Brexit regulations as we are not able to ship them via UPS Logic Mail which is the service we have previously used.

Items ordered from the UK website and over the phone including spare parts can only be shipped to a UK address.

We do hope to have the service available again very soon we advise you check the Website for updated information"

Some shipping companies have made the effort to continue to provide a service to customers in post-Brexit Europe. Others haven't.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2021, 12:06:57 »
Items ordered from the UK website and over the phone including spare parts can only be shipped to a UK address.

WHY? Ah, I forgot... money. How horrid. 

They DO know there are other shipping companies, right?  Oh, wait... maybe not. After all, it's such a problem writing a foreign address... Sorry, pet peeve.  :-[

Some shipping companies have made the effort to continue to provide a service to customers in post-Brexit Europe. Others haven't.

Being a tiny country on the... uhm... end of Europe, I've been used to the "does not ship to your country" basically everywhere.  :(

Hope it gets sorted - sooner rather than later :(